Final Exams: May 19-25
- Visit Learning Commons for helpful tools (finals organizer and weekly schedule) plus top 10 suggestions for successful finals.
- Access campus services and resources remotely.
- Get vaccinated and complete the COVID-19 self-certification.
Jan. 27 - Last Day to Waitlist
Jan. 28 - Classes Begin
Feb. 24 - Enrollment Census Date
May 17 - Last Day of Classes
May 19-25 - Finals Schedule
Remote Learning Resources
Look through this checklist to see if you're ready for virtual learning
Contact your professors if you have specific questions about your classes. During these unprecedented “Virtual University” days, we are working alongside faculty to ensure you have the tools and support to finish your semester strong.
There are a variety of University-supported services and resources to help, as listed on this page.
Are you ready for virtual learning?
- Confirm you have reliable access to the internet with your devices. Request Chromebooks or hotspot
- Confirm course communication - your instructors will let you know how they plan to communicate with you and guidelines for the communication channel(s) selected.
- Confirm you can log into myStanState to access applications, including your student email, Canvas, and Zoom.
- Software - be sure to install the most recent versions of each software on your device (including web browsers - Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Ask for help if you need it - OIT Technology Support | Academic Advising | Library Services | Student Services
Visit the A-Z Directory website and click on the appropriate letter to find the contact information for the department. You may also search for a faculty member if you know their name, using the Faculty & Staff Directory Search.
Academic departments are also listed by college:
Check out a hotspot and more from OIT.
A valid University e-mail address and password are required to connect to the secure eduroam network.
The program offers a significant opportunity for eligible students who have struggled with getting and staying online to resolve those problems.
These instructional learning platforms are referred to as learning management systems (LMS). Check your email for details from your professors. They will let you know what online platform to use for each of your classes. You can contact the academic department with questions about how to check in.
Learn how to navigate Canvas:
- Video: How to Navigate Canvas
- Canvas Student Guide
- Students have unlimited 24x7 phone call, text, chat support with Canvas, available when logged in, look for "Canvas Help" - view screenshot
Learn how to navigate Zoom:
Reap the benefits of being involved with a student-run organization, like civic engagement, friendships, mentoring, networking, academic and character development, self-governance, and other aspects that support student success.