- Reach out to your instructors to find out details related to their specific classes.
- Instructors are encouraged to use (Canvas, Blackboard or Moodle) to keep you informed, all three platforms are accessible via myStanState student center. Your instructors will keep you informed regarding scheduled tests and exams.
- Contact OIT Technology Support if you have questions about tech tools.
- If offered, participate in virtual office hours over Zoom.
- Take the time to put together the schedule and expectations for each of your classes. Check the learning platform account for updates to your syllabus.
- Prioritize your work. What due dates are coming up first? Make a smart decision about how to best spend your time. Learn more about digital literacy and time management.
Take Care of Yourself
- Stay healthy by getting adequate rest, nutrition and exercise. Schedule time to take care of yourself.
- Keep a growth mindset as you adapt to new circumstances. Your success has as much to do with your effort as it has to do with your ability.
- Monitor your self-talk and stay positive.
- Your mental health and well-being are important! Psychological Counseling Services provides a wide range of short-term mental health services and support.
Manage Your Environment
- Schedule specific times in your day to studying or participating in your online class. Check with your instructor if you should be calling into live Zoom broadcasts.
- Consider using the "Do Not Disturb" function on your devices or a lockdown browser on your computer when you are trying to manage distraction.
- Find a space that is comfortable and allows you to focus. This can be your home base for coursework.
- Communicate regularly with your instructors for updates.
- Don’t forget to call, text, and message friends, family and classmates.
- Take your student organizations to Zoom or hold a group chat to stay in touch.
Updated: August 29, 2023