Who is a Lower-Division Transfer?
All applicants with fewer than 60 transferable semesters (or 90 quarter) units of college credit are considered lower-division transfer students. Most CSU campuses do not admit lower-division transfers. Stanislaus State will make an exception and admit lower-division transfers for the Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 terms.
Lower-Division Transfer Eligibility
You are eligible for admission as a lower-division transfer if you meet the following requirements:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (C) or better in all transferrable units attempted
- Have completed, with a grade of C- or better, a course in written communication and a course in mathematics or quantitative reasoning at a level satisfying CSU GE Breadth Areas A2 and B4 requirements, respectively;
- Be in good standing at the last institution attended; and
- Meet any one of the following eligibility standards:
- Transfer based on Current Admission Criteria – The applicant meets the freshmen admission requirements in effect for the term for which the application is filed; -OR-
- Transfer based on High School Eligibility – The applicant was eligible as a freshman at the time of high school graduation and has been in continuous attendance in an accredited college since high school graduation; -OR-
- Transfer based on Making Up Missing Subjects – The applicant was not eligible for admission as a first-time freshman solely because of deficiencies in the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory subjects (A-G), but has made up any missing A-G requirements with a grade of C- or better, and has been in continuous attendance at an accredited college since high school graduation.
Upper-Division Transfer Eligibility
You will qualify as an upper-division transfer student if you:
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semesters or 90 quarter units
- Have at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Are in good standing at the last college or university attended
- Complete 30 units which meet CSU general education requirements with a grade of C- or better. These units must include the following four courses with a C- or better; a grade of CR is also acceptable:
- (A1) Oral Communication/Speech
(A2) Written English Composition
(A3) Critical Thinking/Logic
(B4) Math/Quantitative Reasoning (which is above the level of intermediate algebra)
- (A1) Oral Communication/Speech
- Complete the above requirements by the designated deadlines:
Fall 2023 admission - requirements must be completed by the end of Summer 2023 prior to enrollment
Spring 2023 admission - requirements must be completed by the end of Fall 2022 prior to enrollment.
Biological Sciences & Kinesiology Major Requirements
In addition to the upper-division transfer requirements, transfers wanting to declare the Biological Sciences or Kinesiology majors must complete the following prerequisites with a minimum grade of C- or better:
- General Biology I—BIOL 1050 or equivalent
- General Biology II—BIOL 1150 or equivalent
- General Chemistry I—CHEM 1100 or equivalent
- General Chemistry I Lab—CHEM 1102 or equivalent
- General Chemistry II—CHEM 1110 or equivalent
- General Chemistry II Lab—CHEM 1112 or equivalent
- Principles of Biology—BIOL 1010 or equivalent
- World of Biology—BIOL 1020 or equivalent
- Human Physiology—ZOOL 2235 or equivalent
- Human Anatomy—ZOOL 2250 or equivalent
Transfers who meet the upper-division requirements, but not the prerequisite requirements will be admitted as Undeclared with an interest in their desired major.
Steps to Enrollment
The steps outlined here are to ensure your successful transition as a future warrior. Many of the following items will be shown in your student center “To Do” list at myStanState and as a courtesy, we will send email reminders.
We know you have a lot of choices – we’re honored you’ve chosen to become a warrior! Visit your student center at myStanState to accept your admission offer.
Beginning September 12, you will be able to do this through the Becoming a Warrior link under your "To Do" list (see Becoming a Warrior Guide). “Becoming a Warrior” is a helpful tool that will show you everything you need to do to ensure a smooth transition to Stanislaus State, all in one convenient place.
Note: If you have never logged in to your myStanState student center, the Becoming a Warrior link will become available 24 hours after your first log in.
New Student Orientation is a mandatory requirement for all incoming transfers. At NSO you will meet our exceptional faculty and staff who will assist you with academic advising and course registration. After you accept your admission, you will be registered for NSO based on your reported incoming major. Check NSO's website for dates and more information.
Transcripts for Transfer Credit Evaluation
Once you’re admitted, please submit your transcripts by the deadline below to verify your eligibility and have a transfer credit evaluation completed.
- Official transcripts for transfers Due: October 14, 2022
- Upper-Division Transfers: If admitted, submit transcripts from all institutions attended to verify eligibility and have transfer credit evaluation completed.
- Lower Division Transfers: If admitted, submit high school and college transcripts from all institutions attended to verify eligibility and have credit evaluation completed.
You may send your transcripts electronically via SPEEDE/Parchment. You may now send Modesto Junior College transcripts via National Student Clearinghouse. Please send to email@example.com when filling out your request. You may also mail it to the address below.
To verify your final eligibility, you need to submit final official transcripts listing all final grades. If mailing transcripts, they MUST BE in their sealed envelopes from the source. Opened transcripts or transcripts in personal envelopes will be considered "unofficial." Schools subscribing to Parchment may submit transcripts electronically.
Attn: Admissions Office
One University Circle
Turlock, CA 95382
If you take fall 2022 courses, you will need to resubmit transcripts reflecting your completed coursework by January 13, 2023.
Updated: November 22, 2022