Living at Stanislaus
Stan State Student Housing is centrally located on campus, near the University Union, dining hall, classrooms, laboratories, computer rooms, and library. Students may choose from a variety living communities and room options.
Our community is designed to provide a sociable and supportive living community with privacy and security for over 700 residents. Amenities include community life and academic support “Hubs,” a TV lounge, laundry facility, computer lab, two swimming pools, bike storage, two outdoor basketball courts, a volleyball court and a 200-seat dining facility.
We strive to provide our residents with an environment conducive to their academic and personal success, grounded by in the values of learning, inclusion, service, engagement and integrity. Our goal is to provide our residents with a meaningful university experience that not only enriches their academic endeavors, but fosters the development of skills such as communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
To accomplish this we provide our residents with a support team of professional staff including a financial specialist, a professional and an academic and career advisor, two live-on community coordinators and over 30 peer leaders. Residents benefit from direct peer-to-peer learning opportunities through the experiences and knowledge of their Resident Assistants, Peer Academic Leaders and fellow residents.
Members of our community reported in December 2017 the following in relation to their experience living on campus at Stan State:
- 91% feel pride in being a Stan State Warrior
- 93% believe they are making their family proud
- 93% report that living on campus helped them successfully transition to college from high school
- 89% report that living on campus has helped them be more academically successful
- 87% feel they’ve met new people and made new friends
- 88% believe they are succeeding in college
- 88% share that they feel confident about approaching University faculty and staff for help
- 87% are relieved to know that they have a support system available to them
- 86% believe living on campus has helped them learn what they need to do to maintain their timeline to graduation
Spring 2017 and Fall 2017 one in three members of our community achieved the University Dean’s List.
Recent university graduation information also indicates freshmen students lived on campus their first year had a slightly improved four-year graduation rate than those who lived elsewhere their first year.
We, in housing embrance our mission to be a student-centered community that provides a safe and supportive living environment which fosters academic success and personal growth.
We are committed to helping members of our community successfully navigate their university experience and enjoy their time at Stanislaus State. We take pride in crafting programs and support systems designed to facilitate whole person growth and development, as well as personal health and wellness. We strive to be THE place where learning and fun come together.
Events & Announcements
- ELEVATE Living Learning CommunityA first year living learning community for housing studentsProvides additional support as students integrate into our University's academic and residential culture. Learn More.
- Honors Living Learning CommunityPresented by Housing and University Honors A community of students who share a love and commitment for personal growth through learning