It Takes a Village
When you live on campus, you are immersed in the college experience. You have a village of professional staff and peer mentors to support your professional and personal goals and offer advice whenever you need it. You are surrounded by a community of students where your roommates and neighbors become study partners and your study partners become lifelong friends.
Students who live on campus are statistically more likely to:
- Maintain a higher GPA
- Get involved in campus life, including student leadership, clubs, activities, or Greek life
- Build a support network with faculty, university employees, and other students
- Have a higher persistence rate and graduate sooner
Although not statistically proven, it has only been said that students who live in the Village also travel more because of the free trips and events offered to residents, sleep longer because of the close proximity to classroom buildings, and develop better study habits because of the weekly Study Nights and academic resources available to them.
Are you ready for the move of your life? Apply today!
With Village Ventures nearly every weekend, you'll adventure and explore from the peaks of Yosemite National Park to the San Francisco Bay. You'll even score tickets to the movies, food festivals, and other fun local events as well as activities happening on campus!
Just to name a few Village Ventures of the past:
Art and Food Festivals in San Francisco
Great America in Santa Clara
Sunbathing in Carmel
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo
Outlet Shopping in Livermore
Cirque du Soleil in San Jose
Half Dome in Yosemite National Park
State Capital in Sacramento
Check out our Events Calendar (coming soon!) for upcoming events available exclusively for Village residents!
There's a reason why students who live on campus thrive academically. The Village offers two computer labs with free printing, laptop rental program, and multiple study spaces including two Hubs, the Village Cafe, and the Community Center.
If you're in need of academic advice, you have access to two professional staff members, one Faculty-In-Residence, and 16 Peer Academic Leaders. They are great resources for resume building, locating classes, homework help, and much more!
Prefer to live in a quieter area of the Village? Check out the 24-Hour Quiet Hours community.
Drive Less, Sleep More
- A Student Union (2 minutes)
- B Bizzini Hall (2 minutes)
- C Health Center (2 minutes)
- D Fitzpatrick Area (2 minutes)
- E Main Dining (3 minutes)
- F Bookstore (3 minutes)
- G Library (3.5 minutes)
- H Science Building (3.5 minutes)
- I Mary Stuart Rogers Building (4 minutes)
- J Naraghi Hall (4 minutes)
- K Student Recreation Complex (5 minutes)
- L Music Building (7 minutes)
- M Art Building (8 minutes)
Come and see us for yourself. Schedule a tour!