Start Your Housing Application
Be sure to complete your application early to have the best chance at receiving your preferred room type and community! Applicants are placed on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions about how to complete your application, please call us at 209-667-3675.
Information You'll Need for the Application
- MyStanState ID and password
- If applicant is under the age of 18 at time of signing: Financial Guarantor contact information and Parent/Guardian signature
- Health insurance information (optional)
To Complete an Application
- Apply online via the Housing Portal
- Complete your Resident Profile
- Choose your Preferred Room Type
- Choose a Meal Plan (we recommend a lower plan to start)
- Choose a Payment Plan
- If under age 18, submit a financial guarantor form
- If you did not opt to submit a Fee Deferment in your application, submit your housing deposit via MyStanState
What Happens Next?
Make sure to double check your application to ensure all boxes are checked, forms are uploaded (if applicable), and – if you opted to pay the housing deposit instead of defer it – that you submitted your deposit through the MyStanState Student Portal.
Your application is not complete until it is processed by Housing staff. Housing staff will change your status to complete once they have processed your application, then you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that your application is complete.
If you are applying for the Academic Year...
- Self-Selection for returning residents and upper division students takes place mid-April. Those who submit an application later than the self-selection date will be auto-placed into a unit based on their room type and/or community preferences.
- Incoming first year students are auto-placed into a unit based on their room type and/or community preferences. Room Placement begins in April.
If you are applying for Spring-Only...
- Room Placement for all incoming Spring residents begins in early January.
- Applicants are placed on a first-come, first-serve basis dependent on the date the application was processed by Housing staff.
- Applicants are placed into a unit based on room type preference, subject to availability. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee placement into your preferred room type.
You must have a complete application to participate in Self-Selection and Roommate Groups (Academic Year Contract only), or to receive a room placement. Once you have a room assignment, you will receive a confirmation email. You can also view your booking and roommates on the Application Status page of the housing application.
Choosing Your Roommates
All Academic Year Contract residents can search for and select roommates through the Roommate Group feature of the application.
In order to create a Roommate Group in the Housing Portal:
- All roommates must have complete housing applications
- All roommates must have the same #1 Room Preference
If you do not create a roommate group, you will be placed with roommates based on your preferred room type and resident profile.
If you have any questions, please call the Housing Office at 209-667-3675.
Updated: November 14, 2023