Tutoring is free to all enrolled Stanislaus State students
Our peer tutors help students by answering questions, reviewing materials, explaining concepts, repeating ideas, and modeling good study habits.
All of our peer tutors are hired for their knowledge of specific topics and abilities to effectively communicate. Throughout the semester the peer tutors are required to attend training sessions. Peer tutors must have received either an "A" or a "B" in order to tutor courses that they have taken or obtain a written referral from their professor.
Schedule an Online Tutoring Appointment
- Make a 50-minute weekly recurring or one-time appointment with a tutor
- Cancel tutoring appointments
- View scheduled Upcoming Appointment
- Access your online tutoring appointment
- Access and track attendance history
- Upload and share documents with your tutor
- Receive electronic reminders about upcoming appointments
Student Instructions for StanTutor
Please do not limit the range of hours in your appointment search. The tutor for your course may not have posted availability during hours that work with your schedule. Please be respectful and keep in mind the tutors are students too and may have limited availability.
- To schedule a tutoring appointment, click "Search Availabilities" on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under "Center:" pick the appropriate center.
- Under "Section", use the down arrow to pick the course that you would like to search appointments for.
- Edit the date range, times, and days as desired. It is recommended that you use the default settings on these parameters.
- Click "Search" to see the results that are available. The available appointments will appear on the right-hand side.
- Select your desired appointment and complete the dialog pop up window.
- If you want a weekly recurring appointment, click the box title "weekly recurring"
- Click "Save" You should get a confirmation email with the details of the appointment you scheduled.
Can't Find a Tutor?
We may not have tutors already hired for all of your classes. If you run a search and find none available, please submit a tutor request in this forum and we will work to find one. Please keep in mind that the Tutoring Center does not offer graduate-level and very limited upper-division tutoring. After submitting the request, we will contact you via email if we are able to find and hire a tutor for the course you requested.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org (209)667-3642
Updated: April 23, 2021. The Learning Commons is a unit of the Division of Student Affairs.