Tutoring is free to all enrolled Stanislaus State students
Our peer tutors help students by answering questions, reviewing materials, explaining concepts, repeating ideas, and modeling good study habits.
All of our peer tutors are hired for their knowledge of specific topics and abilities to effectively communicate. Throughout the semester the peer tutors are required to attend training sessions. Peer tutors must have received either an "A" or a "B" in order to tutor courses that they have taken or obtain a written referral from their professor.
Schedule a Tutoring Appointment
View Courses Available for Tutoring
- How to Make a Tutoring Appointment
- How to Cancel a Tutoring Appointment
- How to Attend a Tutoring Appointment
- Make a 50-minute weekly recurring or one-time appointment with a tutor
- Cancel tutoring appointments
- View scheduled Upcoming Appointment
- Access your online tutoring appointment
- Access and track attendance history
- Upload and share documents with your tutor
- Receive electronic reminders about upcoming appointments
Student Instructions for StanTutor
Book an Appointment
- Click here to get to StanTutor
- Log in with your Warrior username and password (the credentials you use to access myStanState)
- Go to the Schedule an Appointment dashboard toggle
- Select the course and service you need tutoring
- Choose from the available appointments
- In the Schedule an Appointment window, select one-time or weekly recurring
- If available, select online or in-person
- Confirm appointment
- A confirmation email and text message will be sent to your Stan State email account and cell phone
Can't Find a Tutor?
We may not have tutors already hired for all of your classes. If you run a search and find none available, please submit a tutor request in this forum and we will work to find one. Please keep in mind that the Tutoring Center does not offer graduate-level and very limited upper-division tutoring. After submitting the request, we will contact you via email if we are able to find and hire a tutor for the course you requested.
Questions? email@example.com (209)667-3642
Updated: March 10, 2023