Join the Learning Commons Team!
We are continually seeking qualified and committed individuals in a variety of academic disciplines! Students looking to work for the Learning Commons need to be willing and committed to helping students, assess individual student needs, and provide strategies for student success. Under the supervision of the Learning Commons Director, all student assistants will work no more than 20 hours per week and due to COVID-19, all services are being held remotely, and hired students will be trained and work via Zoom.
Fall 2022 Open Positions
- (Work Study) Student Assistant for Learning Commons
- Are you eligible for Work Study and want an on campus position in the brand new library? Apply for our front desk student assistant position TODAY! Click here to apply.
- Peer Tutor for The Tutoring Center
- Peer tutors must be willing and committed to helping students, assessing individual student needs and providing strategies for student success. Tutors assist students with homework, projects, and exam reviews, at their pace, by finding conceptual learning opportunities. Tutors use questions, activities, and demos to involve students in owning the material. To learn more or apply for a peer tutoring position, click here.
- SI Leader for Supplemental Instruction
- SI offers one-hour study sessions two to three times a week for students enrolled in historically difficult classes. During SI sessions, students are encouraged to work with their peers from class and their SI Leader to develop successful study strategies, exchange creative ideas, gain a better understanding of the course material, and improve their overall grades. As an SI Leader, you will be given the opportunity to lead your students to academic success. To learn more or apply for the position, click here.
- Writing Tutor for The Writing Center
- Thanks for your interest in being a writing tutor at Stanislaus State. We hire once a year, with interviews conducted between May and early August, so submitting an application and supporting materials between April and June is your best opportunity to be invited for an interview. Before proceeding, know that you must be enrolled as a full-time student at Stanislaus to be eligible to work each term.
Updated: April 05, 2022