Dr. Elmano Costa, Department Chair
Department of Teacher Education
DBH 330 - 209/667-3600
Ms. Esther Villa, Admin Support Coordinator
DBH 330 - 209/667-3367
A Message from the Department
Educating teachers is only half of our job.
The other half is perhaps even more important — training teachers. Because knowledge alone won’t prepare tomorrow’s teachers to handle the challenges of today.
The Department of Teacher Education at Stanislaus State is serious about its mission to prepare the state’s educators. Maybe that’s why, semester after semester, the department’s programs are of the highest demand among the University’s graduate students.
Credential Program Information
Visit Credential Services website for additional information.
Spring 2017 Application Information for our Credential Programs
Priority Application Period for all programs - August 24 - September 9, 2016
- Regular Application Period for Elementary and Special Education (Ed Specialist) - September 9 - October 7, 2016
- Mandatory Orientations: TBD
- Regular Application Period for Secondary Education - September 9 - 30, 2016
- Mandatory Orientation: TBD
There are two separate applications to enter the Credential Program.
- Application to the University Graduate School, $55 fee. Apply online at www.csumentor.edu
- Application to the Credential Program, $30 fee. For application information click on the Credential Services link above.
Field Services (Student Teaching)
For any pertinent information regarding student teaching (school placements, requirements, application) contact Mrs. Julie Magana, Administrative Support Coordinator for Field Services, DBH329 (across from Teacher Education office), (209) 667-3230, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org