Dr. Elmano Costa, Department Chair
Department of Teacher Education
DBH 330 - 209/667-3600
Ms. Esther Villa, Admin Support Coordinator
DBH 330 - 209/667-3367
A Message from the Department
Educating teachers is only half of our job.
The other half is perhaps even more important — training teachers. Because knowledge alone won’t prepare tomorrow’s teachers to handle the challenges of today.
The Department of Teacher Education at CSU Stanislaus is serious about its mission to prepare the state’s educators. Maybe that’s why, semester after semester, the department’s programs are of the highest demand among the University’s graduate students.
Credential Program Information
Visit Credential Services website for additional information.
There are two separate applications to enter the Credential Program.
- Application to the University Graduate School, $55 fee. Apply online at www.csumentor.edu
- Application to the Credential Program, $30 fee. For application information click on the Credential Services link above.
- CBEST Workshop Dates
- CSET Test Preparation Information
- SSCP Math CSET Session I
- SSCP Math CSET Session II
- Come join us in celebrating our Multiple Subject and Special Ed Cooperating Teachers on November 12, 2015, 4-6pm, in the CSU, Stanislaus Event Center.
- SSCP Cooperating Teacher Celebration on November 12, 2015, 4-6pm, in MSR 130 (Mary Stuart Rogers Building). There will be a Technology Workshop on the use of Formative Assessments: Kahoot, Socrative, and Pear Deck will be explored. Click on link below for complete details. No registration required. SSCP Tech Workshop/Celebration
Field Services (Student Teaching)
For any pertinent information regarding student teaching (school placements, requirements, application) contact Mrs. Julie Magana, Administrative Support Coordinator for Field Services, DBH329 (across from Teacher Education office), (209) 667-3230, or by email at email@example.com