A Message from the Department
Socio-economic advantages, language, disabilities, and race too often predict academic outcomes in the Central Valley. It is increasingly urgent for schools to improve educational achievements and break the persistence of inequity. The Department of Teacher Education deepens this commitment by recruiting, preparing, and supporting educators who are strongly equipped to make sure that all students succeed, regardless of circumstance.
Credential Program Pathways
Elementary teachers have a unique calling. They need to do more than educate students — they must motivate and captivate...
In our program, we will provide you with the support you need to impact a generation of students...
The field of Special Education is a growing field that needs teacher candidates who are committed to lifelong learning in both their students and themselves...
Announcements & Resources:
- For program application information and forms, contact Credential Services (DBH 303) at 667-3534 | email@example.com
- Attend an Application Workshop
- For testing support and/or financial aid information, contact the Teacher Recruitment & Retention Office (DBH 307) at 667-3589 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Education Department Handbook
- Teacher Education Intern Handbook
- Teacher Education Course Web Conferencing Camera Policy
Dr. Kimy Liu, Department Chair
Phone: (209) 667-3600
By Appointment Only: M-TH 12-1:00 pm
Phone: (209) 667-3367
Elizabeth Cook, Admin Support Assistant II
Phone: (209) 667-3744
- For advising on the application process, please contact Credential Services.
- For advising on Student Teaching, please contact Field Services.
Selection & Review Petition Information
To request a leave of absence or reinstatement to program, submit a course for equivalency, or request an exemption to a program requirement, please submit the fillable petition form and supporting documents via email to email@example.com
The petition form and supporting documents must be submitted 2 weeks in advance of the committee meeting date.
Third Thursday of Each Month
August 18th, 2022
September 15th, 2022
October 20th, 2022
November 17th, 2022
December 15th, 2022
January 19th, 2023
February 16th, 2023
March 16th, 2023
April 20th, 2023
May 18th, 2023