Covid-19 Office Update:
The Teacher Education office is open for In-Person Services by appointment only. To book an appointment, please use the link below. For assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to review current COVID-19 & Campus Updates.
A Message from the Department
Socio-economic advantages, language, disabilities, and race too often predict academic outcomes in the Central Valley. It is increasingly urgent for schools to improve educational achievements and break the persistence of inequity. The Department of Teacher Education deepens this commitment by recruiting, preparing, and supporting educators who are strongly equipped to make sure that all students succeed, regardless of circumstance.
Credential Program Pathways
Elementary teachers have a unique calling. They need to do more than educate students — they must motivate and captivate...
In our program, we will provide you with the support you need to impact a generation of students...
The field of Special Education is a growing field that needs teacher candidates who are committed to lifelong learning in both their students and themselves...
August 22nd - Sept. 30th, 2022
Announcements & Resources:
- For program application information and forms, contact Credential Services (DBH 303) at 667-3534 | email@example.com
- For testing support and/or financial aid information, contact the Teacher Recruitment & Retention Office (DBH 307) at 667-3589 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Education Department Handbook
- Teacher Education Intern Handbook
Dr. Kimy Liu, Department Chair
Phone: (209) 667-3600
By Appointment Only: MTW 3-4:30 pm
- For advising on the application process, please contact Credential Services.
- For advising on Student Teaching, please contact Field Services.
Selection & Review Petition Information
To request a leave of absence or reinstatement to program, submit a course for equivalency, or request an exemption to a program requirement, please submit the fillable petition form and supporting documents via email to Liz Cook at email@example.com
The petition form and supporting documents must be submitted 2 weeks in advance of the committee meeting date.
Third Thursday of Each Month
August 5th, 2021
September 16th, 2021
October 21st, 2021
November 18th, 2021
December 16th, 2021
January 27th, 2022
February 17th, 2022
March 17th, 2022
April 21st, 2022
May 19th, 2022