Welcome to the MMSN and ESN Teaching Credential Program!
The Education Specialist Credential Program (ESCP) is excited to support your goal of becoming a K-12 teacher. Our unique program provides a combination of in-class and in-school instruction and clinical practice that will provide future teachers with both theoretical and practical knowledge to create learning environments that celebrate diversity, foster success for all learners, and commend effort. The field of Special Education is a growing field that needs Teacher Candidates who are committed to lifelong learning in both their students and themselves.
The ESCP at Stanislaus State infuses curricular, instructional, and behavioral expertise so that teacher candidates are prepared to meet the needs of their K-12+ students. A wide variety of inclusive and specialized supports will be embedded into each credential course that will allow teacher candidates to enhance the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families.
Currently, California State University, Stanislaus is authorized to recommend individuals for a Preliminary Education Specialist Credential in two areas: Mild/Moderate Support Needs and Extensive Support Needs. Teacher candidates also have an option of receiving dual credentials with concurrent enrollment in both the Education Specialist (M/M or ESN) and Multiple Subject Credential Programs. Contact the program coordinator for more information.
- Application Checklist
- Application Forms
- Application Guide and Instructions
- Concurrent ESCP/MSCP Option Information Sheet
- MMSN or ESN Information Sheet
ESCP clinical practice is completed towards the end of the program (regardless of pathway - student teacher, teacher-of-record, or potentially employed) and is typically completed in one full semester for a total of 16 weeks. Concurrent candidates seeking ESCP and MSCP or ESCP MMSN and ESN credentials, are required to complete two (2) semesters of clinical practice. A Placement Application is required for all credential candidates regardless of program or pathway. Clearance by the Office of Field Services is necessary to proceed with the placement process whether employed, non-employed, or potentially employed. Visit the Clinical Practice page for more information.
- Placement Dates: 8/14/23 - 12/15/23
- Placement dates provide candidates with one (1) extra week to make up any missed time towards the end of the placement only if needed.
- 1st Placement: 8/14/23 - 10/13/23
- 2nd Placement: 10/16/23 - 12/15/23
- Clinical Practice Placement Application Period: 8/21/23 - 9/22/23
- Placement Dates: 1/22/24 - 5/24/24
- Mandatory Fieldwork Orientation: 12/8/23
- 5D+ Rubric with TPEs.pdf
- 600hr Log - ESCP Record of Clinical Practice.pdf
- Daily Hour Log - ESCP.pdf
- ESCP Suggested Co-Teaching Phase-In Schedule.pdf
- ESCP Suggested Lesson Plan Template.docx
- Formal Lesson Observation Form.docx
- Formative Assessment with Traditional Growth Plan.docx
- IDP - Individual (Induction) Development Plan.docx
- Summative Assessment.docx
- Signature Log.docx
- SMART Goals Worksheet.pdf
- Parent Consent Form for Video Recording - English.docx
- Parent Consent Form for Video Recording - Spanish.docx
- Improvement Plan.pdf
- CT 10hr Form.adobesign
- Covid-19 Incident Report and Action Plan.docx
Submission of Clinical Practice Paperwork for Final Evaluation
At the end of the clinical practice placement, students are responsible for submitting their hour logs (600hr Log + Daily Hour Log) to the Office of Field Services via email. ESCP University Supervisors are responsible for submitting the following documentation for each Teacher Candidate to the Office of Field Services via email.
- 6 Formal Lesson Observations (Unless advised otherwise.)
- 2 Formative Assessments (Unless advised otherwise.)
- 1 Summative Assessment
- IDP - Individual (Induction) Development Plan
- Signature Log - Record of Placement Evaluations and Observations
Submit a Credential Application for Online Recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT mail application directly to CCTC. Credential Services will check documents, verify eligibility, and recommend for the credential. Learn more about the process by visiting Credentials website - Upon Completion of a Credential Program
Updated: November 28, 2023