The Education Specialist Credential Program at CSU Stanislaus
Mild/Moderate and Moderate/Severe Teaching Credentials
The Education Specialist Credential Program (ESCP) is excited to support your goal of becoming a k-12 teacher. Our unique program provides a combination of in-class and in-school instruction and clinical practice that will provide future teachers with both theoretical and practical knowledge to create learning environments that celebrate diversity, foster success for all learners, and commend effort. The field of Special Education is a growing field that needs teacher candidates who are committed to lifelong learning in both their students and themselves.
The ESCP at CSU Stanislaus infuses curricular, instructional, and behavioral expertise so that teacher candidates are prepared to meet the needs of their k-12+ students. A wide variety of inclusive and specialized supports will be embedded into each credential course that will allow teacher candidates to enhance the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families.
Currently, California State University, Stanislaus is authorized to recommend individuals for a Preliminary Education Specialist Credential in two areas: Mild/Moderate Disabilities and Moderate/Severe Disabilities. Teacher candidates also have an option of receiving dual credentials with concurrent enrollment in both the Education Specialist (M/M or M/S) and Multiple Subject Credential Programs. Contact the program coordinator for more information.
Education Specialist Credential Program Documents
- Department of Teacher Education Program Handbook
- Department of Teacher Education Intern Handbook
- Education Specialist Student Teaching Handbook
- Liberal Studies – Exceptional Children and Youth Concentration Form (Coming Soon)
- Selection and Review Petition Form
Additional Program Information
Dr. Karen Webster | DBH 327
Credential Program Information
Fall 2020 Application Period:
January 28, 2021 - March 1, 2021
March 26, 2021
Mandatory Program Orientation:
April 30, 2021
Field Work Orientation:
May 3, 2021
- Mild/Mod Disabilities Credential Information
- Mod/Severe Disabilities Credential Information
- Concurrent Option - Mild/Mod & Multiple Subject Credential Information
- Concurrent Option - Mod/Severe & Multiple Subject Credential Information
- There are two separate applications for credential program admission:
- Application Guide and Instructions
- Application Forms
- Preparation Resources for CBEST & CSET
Are you interested in pursuing a rewarding career as a special education teacher? Then the Stan State Warriors Teach! Residency Pathway might be for you. Engage in clinical training while completing the credential program in a year. Have your tuition fully covered as a year-long resident. Watch this video below, Or the powerpoint below!