The Department of Teacher Education values strong partnerships with school districts and university faculty to develop creative, standards-based teaching materials. We will be expanding this page to include more content areas and grade levels. This is a work in progress.
NGSS Teaching Units
- Grade 6 - NGSS Environment and Organisms.docx
- Grade 6 - NGSS Energy-Heat Transfer.docx
- Grade 6 - NGSS Plastic Waste and Ecological Footprint.pdf
Each freely downloadable NGSS unit includes a chart of lesson plans, along with a list of support materials all geared towards engaging students deeply in the three dimensions of the NGSS: science and engineering standards, core ideas, and cross-cutting concepts.
Each module below may count for 2 hours of initial training for Cooperting Teachers (CT).
- The CT Clinical Training Overview of Co-Teaching and the Phase in schedule (MSCP)
- The CT Clinical Training Module reviews the 5D+ rubic in more depth (MSCP)
- Co-Teaching Training: Co-Planning
- Co-Teaching Training: Co-Instructing
- Co-Teaching Training: Co-Assessing