Welcome to the Multiple Subject Credential Program!
Elementary teachers have a unique calling. They need to do more than educate students — they must motivate and captivate. Now, if that sounds like a task suited to you, maybe you have what is needed to teach in elementary school.
Teacher Education at Stanislaus State offers a variety of graduate programs, many of which can be completed in a year, to equip the state’s future K-6 teachers with the keys needed to unlock the potential in children.
The Multiple Subject Credential Program is a gateway for many elementary teachers. It is a 36-unit program that includes clinical practice. The program can be completed in a year (including summer/winter sessions). There are several institutions where aspiring teachers can attain their credential. However, Stanislaus State stands out because of its intended mix of Multiple Subject Credential Program’s affordability, timeliness, convenience, and depth of preparation.
- Application Guide and Instructions
- Application Forms
- General Information / Class Roadmap / Course Equivalencies
- MSCP Information Sheet
MSCP clinical practice is completed towards the end of the program (regardless of pathway - student teacher, teacher-of-record, or potentially employed) and is typically completed in one full semester for a total of 16 weeks (480hrs). Concurrent candidates seeking ESCP and MSCP credentials, are required to complete two (2) semesters of supervised clinical practice. A Placement Application is required for all credential candidates regardless of program or pathway. Clearance by the Office of Field Services is necessary to proceed with the placement process whether employed, non-employed, or potentially employed. Visit the Clinical Practice page for more information.
- Placement Dates: 8/14/23 - 12/15/23
- Placement dates provides students with two (2) extra weeks to make up any missed time towards the end of the placement only if needed.
- Clinical Practice Placement Application Period: 8/21/23 - 9/22/23
- Placement Dates: 1/22/24 - 5/24/24
- Mandatory Fieldwork Orientation (must attend one meeting):
- 10/27/23 - Details to be determined.
- 11/17/23 - Details to be determined.
- 5D+ Rubric with TPEs.pdf
- 600hr Log - MSCP Record of Clinical Practice.pdf
- Co-Teaching Phase-In Schedule.pdf
- Formal Lesson Observation Form.docx
- Formative Assessment with Traditional Growth Plan.docx
- Formative Assessment with Impact Cycle Growth Plan.docx
- IDP - Individual (Induction) Development Plan.docx
- Summative Assessment.docx
- Signature Log.docx
- Parent Consent Form for Video Recording - English.docx
- Parent Consent Form for Video Recording - Spanish.docx
- Improvement Plan.pdf
- CT 10hr Form.adobesign
- Handy Dandy MSCP Advising Sheet.pdf
Submission of Clinical Practice Paperwork for Final Evaluation
At the end of the clinical practice placement, students are responsible for submitting the 600hr log and verification for the 50 miscellaneous hours to the Office of Field Services via email. MSCP University Supervisors are responsible for submitting the following documentation for each Teacher Candidate to the Office of Field Services via email.
- 6 Formal Lesson Observations (Unless advised otherwise.)
- 2 Formative Assessments (Unless advised otherwise.)
- 1 Summative Assessment
- IDP - Individual (Induction) Development Plan
- Signature Log - Record of Fieldwork Evaluations and Observations
Submit a Credential Application for Online Recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT mail application directly to CCTC. Credential Services will check documents, verify eligibility, and recommend for the credential. Learn more about the process by visiting Credentials website - Upon Completion of a Credential Program
Updated: December 04, 2023