Frequently Asked Questions about MSCP

How long does it take to complete the program?

The program is 36 units, including student teaching. Full-time students can complete the program in one year if enrolled in both semesters, & summer term.  Students who start in summer can finish by the end of May. Students who begin in January finish by the end of December. 

How much does it cost?

Full-time students pay about $4,232 for 7 units or more each semester (Fall/Spring) and Part-time students pay about $2,834 for 0-6 units per semester (Fall/Spring). Overall book costs are approximately $700. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Contact Financial Aid office for more details at 667-3336.

What is required for Special Admission?

The Department of Teacher Education allows admission to a small number of students who do not meet admittance requirements. Students who are below the GPA requirements but have a minimum 2.5 GPA in the last 60 units AND have met all admission requirements, may submit a letter of exception requesting special consideration for admittance. Special admission will only be granted if there is room available.

Do you offer assistance in passing the CBEST, CSET and RICA exams?

Yes, please contact the Teacher Recruitment and Retention Office (DBH 307) for information about test guidebooks, resources and upcoming workshops at | 209-667-3589 or visit CBEST/CSET/RICA Preparation Resources.   

Are paid internships allowed for student teaching?

Yes. CSU Stanislaus has internship agreements with most school districts in Stanislaus, Merced, and San Joaquin counties. In order to be intern eligible, students must complete EDMS 4110 Reading Methods and EDMS 4150 Methods of Multilingual Education. Internship placement/teaching is a substitute for the traditional student teaching experience. However, approval is required by the Department Chair of Teacher Education before obtaining an internship position.

  • Internship students also have an additional requirement: They must enroll in the seminar course – EDUC 6538 through University Extended Education. They must also register for EDMS 4180/4190/4191 during the student teaching portion of their placement.

Who do I contact if I have additional program questions?

For program information, you may visit the Credential Information, Application and Forms webpage or contact Credential Services at | 209-667-3534 or the Multiple Subject Coordinator, Dr. Anne Weisenberg at | 209-667-3474.

Who do I contact if I have student teaching questions?

Please contact the Office of Field Services at or 209-667-3045.