Residents can choose from a variety of flexible and convenient payment plans to avoid paying a lump sum at the start of the Academic Year.
- One-Time Payment: pay your balance all at once!
- Two Payments: the best option for those receiving Financial Aid, pay once in the fall and once in the spring. A mandatory $10 installment fee is added to the payment schedule.
- Monthly Payments: keep your payments low with this payment plan. A $10 installment fee per payment is added to the payment schedule, starting with the second payment (10-month payment plan = $90 fee).
Have a question about your housing payment? Email our Student Accounts Specialist or make an appointment through Warrior Connect.
Making Your First Housing Payment
Check your Stan State email for a notification that a payment is due. The Amount Due will be listed in bold. This amount is calculated based on the following:
- Room Placement
- Meal Plan Selection
- Payment Plan Selection
- Expected Amount of Financial Aid (if applicable)
Housing charges will post on the MyStanState student portal shortly after payment notifications are sent out.
How to Make a Housing Payment
Payments can be made via debit/credit card, cash, or check.
- E-check or Credit Card via MyStanState: to make a payment, simply log into your Student Account and pay online.
- Physical Check: handed to the Front Desk or dropped in the dropbox next to the Community Center mailboxes. Physical checks should be made out to "CSUS Housing" and include the student's name (if not already on the check) and student ID number in the memo.
- Cash via Cashier's Office in MSR
Students that would like to make a payment prior to charges being posted must:
- Login to MyStanState
- Select the green “Make a Payment” button
- Submit a payment in the payment portal using the “Housing Payment for Future Charges” selection
If you have any questions about how to make a payment, please contact the Housing Office.
When Are Payments Due?
Housing payments are due the 1st of each month and are considered late if not received by the 10th of the month. A $10 per month late fee will be applied for payments processed after the 10th. Residents will receive an email notification that payment is due.
Failure to make payment by the specified dates may result in a hold on Stan State records and services.
Updated: April 19, 2023