Zoom is one of Stan State's options for online web conferencing. It is available to all faculty via the Pro account level and to all students via the Basic account level.
Zoom in Canvas
Zoom integrates with Canvas. For more information on signing in, creating course meetings, how to make the meeting recordings available to students, and more
Canvas How-To: Zoom Meetings and Recordings
What Tool Can I Use For Live Courses, Office Hours, & Advising?
Zoom will handle live web conferencing of courses.
- Download Zoom and install it on your computer
- Zoom FAQ (scheduling meetings, etc.)
- OIT's Zoom Information Page
- Tips & Tricks: Educating on Zoom (PDF)
- Comprehensive Guide To Educating Through Zoom (PDF)
- Use Zoom for Office Hours & Advising (with "waiting room")
- Zoom for Office Hours
- How to Keep Uninvited Guests Out Of Your Zoom Event
- Securing Zoom Meetings
- How to Avoid "Zoombombers"
Primary support for Zoom is handled by the Office of Information Technology (OIT) not OAT.
Updated: October 21, 2022