~Congratulations on your Student Employment at Stanislaus State.~
*Please read the information below carefully, as it contains important information regarding your employment and sign-in process.
Who Needs to Attend a Sign-In?
You only need to attend a sign-in session if you have already applied to a Student Assistant or Work Study position and received an offer for employment from the hiring department. For a list of current Student Assistant openings please visit our Student Assistant Job Opportunities page.
If you are a New Student Employee (never worked for CSU Stanislaus) a full sign-in with HR is required prior to beginning work. You will need to print and complete the New Hire Forms and bring them to one of the scheduled Sign-In sessions.
If you are a returning Student Employee (rehire) who has worked at CSU Stanislaus within the last 18 months, you do not need to attend a sign-in session. If you need to update any information you previously provided (name change, address, tax withholding, etc.) please schedule a partial sign-in appointment by contacting Areli Ortiz at email@example.com. Please include your student ID# when sending your email.
Federal regulations require that you present original, unexpired document(s) that establish identity and your eligibility to work in the United States. You will need to bring those documents to your sign-in session or appointment for verification by an authorized CSU Stanislaus Human Resources Representative. For a list of acceptable documents please refer to page 3 of the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. Student employees may present one selection from List A or a combination of one selection from List B and one selection from List C. All international students who have F-1 and J-1 visa status, must also present work authorization paperwork (e.g. I-20 or visa) at the time of the sign-in.
Once you have your documents, please view the Sign-In session schedule and attend one of the listed sessions. A reservation is not required. Sign-In sessions are held in MSR 333 which is located on the 3rd floor. (Please arrive at least 5 minutes early.)
*This does not include Academic Student Employees (R11) (Instructional Assistants, Graduate Assistants or Teaching Associates). Student Employees in these positions should call Faculty Affairs at (209) 667-6552.
If the scheduled Sign-in sessions conflict with your class schedule you will need to contact Areli Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for an individual sign-in. Please include your student ID# when sending your email.
What You Will Need to Bring to the Sign-In
- The new hire forms that can be either completed prior or during a scheduled Sign-In session.
- Your completed Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 (Section 1 only) and appropriate identification to satisfy I-9 requirements. (Refer to the 3rd page of Form I-9 for the list of acceptable documents.)
- Please note that your social security card is required for Payroll purposes. If you do not have your social security card you may request a new card by visiting a nearby Social Security Administration Office or by using the New Online Social Security Replacement Card Service.
- Optional: The Hire/Rehire form that is completed by your hiring department, if they have not already delivered it to Human Resources.
New Hire Forms
Below is a list of the new hire forms that can be either completed prior or during a scheduled Sign-In.
- Student Payroll Action Request
- Student Emergency Contact Form
- Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job not Covered by Social Security
- Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9)
Student Assistants hired by the Stockton Center who need to attend a sign-in but cannot come to the Turlock campus please call (209) 467-5300 or email: Ms. Silvea Rodriguez or Ms. Jennifer Lee at the Stockton Center.
Below is a list of additional forms that may be completed and brought to either a Sign-In session or individual appointment.
- Direct Deposit Form. (For more information about Direct Deposit or any additional pay information, please visit the Human Resources page and select the Payroll tab.)
- PST Retirement Plan (To be completed by Bridge Student Employees only. Information pertaining to Bridge Student Employees and the PST Retirement Plan can be found on the Student Resources page.)
- Conviction Disclosure Form (To be completed by employees subject to LiveScan fingerprinting.)