California State University, Stanislaus is committed to equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for employees and students with disabilities.
Our actions are governed by compliance with state and federal laws including, but not limited to, the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA); the Americans With Disabilities Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA); Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended; and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Government Code § 12940 et seq. and Education Code §§ 67302 and 67310-13.
Visit Disability Resource Services to request services as a student. Student employees, see the information below on how to request services as an employee.
ADA Compliance Officers
Request a Reasonable Disability Accommodation
Stan State will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with qualified disabilities. Please make all requests early. This process may take several weeks to complete, depending on how soon the request and necessary documentation is received.
- Contact Krista Vasquez, Manager of Employee Services in Human Resources.
- Complete and submit the Stanislaus State Request for Reasonable Accommodation Form.
- Engage in the Interactive Process Meeting(s) with ADA Manager and Supervisor regarding your accommodation request.
- The ADA Manager will review the request.
- Decision made on a reasonable disability accommodation.
- Reasonable Accommodation Pocket Card (PDF) from U.S. Department of Labor
Laws and Regulations
The Americans with Disability Act (ADA) is a civil rights law designed to remove barriers that prevent qualified individuals with disabilities from enjoying the same employment opportunities that are available to persons with disabilities. The U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC) regulates and enforces the law.
California statute expands qualified disabilities to those which include mental or physical conditions that “limit” a major life activity rather than “substantially limits.” The Department of Fair Employment and Housing (FEHA) regulates the California statute regarding disabilities.
Know your Rights
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- U.S Equal Opportunity Commission
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- CSU Executive Order 1111
- CSU Executive Order 1096
Applicable Federal and State Laws and CSU Resources
- Americans with Disabilities Act Information
- ADA Amendments Act of 2008 - EEOC 2011 Final Implementing Regulations
- Executive Order 1111: The California State University Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations
- Revised Coded Memo: AA-2009-27-Policy for the Provision of Accommodations and Support Services to Students with Disabilities
- California Disability Access Laws and Regulations
- CSU Accessible Technology Initiative
- Section 508 - Guide to the Standards
- Section 255: Telecommunications Access for People with Disabilities
- Title 24 of California Code of Regulations
- U.S. Department of Justice - Guide to Disability Rights Laws
- CA Department of Rehabilitation - Disability Access Services
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Stanislaus State On Campus Resources
Updated: August 14, 2023