The Freshman Honors Living Learning Community is for students active with the University Honors Program, enrolled in the HONS 1960 and COMM 2005 course for Fall 2017 and living on campus.
The community is a collaboration between Stan State Studet Housing and the University Honors Program and offers an engaging, intellectually challenging and fun living-learning environment.
Students may self-select the Honors Living-Learning Community, but eligibility will be verifed through a secondary communication process. This process will involve the application to and acceptance in the Honors Program, enrollment in Honors 1010 and is subject to availability in the living community which is comprised of 18 beds.
Special opportunities and services include:
- $1,500 housing rent reduction grant
- In-class events and activities
- Support from a Resident Assistant and Peer Academic Leader who are active in the University Honors Program
- Access to the Housing Academic Student Hub for study sessions, faculty office hours and more
- Exclusive programs and events
- Off-campus trips
- Movie nights
- Networking and connections with other honors students
- Debate and discussion luncheons
- Year-end celebration
As a member of the larger housing community as well, members also have full access to on-going programs and services available to all residents. These include academic support, campus acclimation and integration activities, networking socials, study nights, advising and career guidance and more.