- Parking Guidelines
- Winter 2015 Parking Permits, valid 12/23/2014 – 1/29/2015
- Spring 2015 Parking Permits, valid 1/20/2015 – 6/10/2015
- Annual Parking Permits, valid 7/1/2014 – 6/30/2015
- Parking permits must be displayed on the inside, lower left corner of the windshield adhered to the glass face up or displayed on a clear mirror hanger available at Cashier Services. Motorcycle permits must be displayed on the outside of the front fork.
- Training: To request an overview on parking, call 667-3114.
- Map of Faculty/Staff parking areas
- If you forgot your permit or it is in a different vehicle, purchase a daily permit from a daily permit dispenser.
Buying a Permit
- Parking permit costs
- Annual (fiscal year) permits are available through payroll deduction at Cashier Services.
- Semester permits are available for purchase at Cashier Services.
- Daily permits are available near campus entrances for $6 (have cash/change available). View map of daily permit dispenser locations.
- Motorcycle permits are available at a reduced rate at Cashier Services. View map for designated motorcycle parking locations.
- Reserved parking permits are available to full VP’s and Dean’s at the discretion of the President’s Office.
- For all visitors, volunteers and vendors, submit a Guest Parking Request no later than two days prior to their visit.
- Areas marked with bright, yellow reserved signs are not for visitors.
- All buses are to park in Lot 11A (gravel lot), see campus map.
- 1-hour metered parking is available in Lot 1 near the Library (around University Circle).
- Free, temporary (time-limit) parking spaces are available in:
- Lot 11 near MSR (campus administrative building)
- Lot 8 near the Arena
- Lot 2 near the Art and Theatre buildings
- Request a parking area for an event via the Master Calendar, R25.
- Event parking is not automatically exempt from payment.
- Parking Services:
- Subject to availability, email Public_Safety@csustan.edu to inquire.
- Directional Event Parking Signage (placed by UPD): $25
- 7-Passenger Shuttle Cart Rental: $25 per hour
- Shuttle Driver: $25 per hour
- To use a disabled parking space (or to park in a metered space), a valid CSU Stanislaus parking permit as well as a valid DMV Placard or Disabled plate must be displayed (CCR Title 5, Division 5, Article 7, 42200 & Ed. Code 67301a).
- Enforced 24/7, year-round
- Disabled parking map
- Parking permits are enforced in all lots 7AM-10PM, M-F, including non-instruction days (e.g. spring break). Permits do not exempt vehicles from paying parking meter fees, unless displayed with a valid DMV issued disabled placard or plate.
- Student semester and daily permits are valid in employee parking areas after 4 p.m. and in areas marked with bright, yellow reserved signs after 5 p.m.
- The following areas are enforced 24/7 year-round: Disabled stalls, red curbs, fire lanes, time-limit spaces, service/maintenance stalls, white and yellow curbs and meter parking.
- Service vehicle spaces must be available to ambulance, fire, police, maintenance and other service vehicles. Vehicles parked over 20 minutes in service vehicle only spaces may receive a parking ticket.
- Don’t delay! You have 21 days from the date the ticket was issued to dispute or pay the original fine amount. Visit www.pmbonline.org to pay or dispute.
- All disputes are processed through the online process. To pay in person, visit UPD M-F during campus business hours.
Parking and Traffic Ordinances (PTO's) - Vehicles with five or more unpaid parking tickets are subject to impound per California Vehicle Code 22651.
- PTO # 1: A valid permit must be displayed except in Metered or Loading Zones
- PTO # 2: The use of a fictitious or forged permit to avoid a fee is prohibited
- PTO # 3: Permit must be displayed in the manner and in the location prescribed
- PTO # 5: Vehicles with a valid permit must park in appropriate parking lot
- PTO # 6: Vehicles in metered spaces must have unexpired time on meter
- PTO # 7: Parking in restricted lots or designated spaces is prohibited
- PTO # 8: Parking in a designated space is considered between the white lines
- PTO #10: Use of Reserved spaces requires the display of a Reserved permit
- PTO #12: Parking overnight without permission of University Police is prohibited
- PTO #13: Abandonment of vehicle (after 72 or more hours) will result in towing
- PTO #15: Failure to obey University signs or signals is prohibited
- PTO #16: Defacing University signs is prohibited
- PTO #17: Vehicle repairs on campus is permitted with University Police approval
- PTO #18: The use of a lost or stolen permit is prohibited