Pursuant to California Vehicle Code Sections 40200.7 and 40215, each person receiving a parking ticket is entitled to participate in a three-stage appeals process.
- Must be disputed within twenty-one (21) days from the date the ticket was issued or fourteen (14) days from the date the reminder notice was mailed. If the dispute is not submitted within the time frame, the ticket recipient will no longer be given the option to dispute.
- If the ticket recipient has paid the parking ticket(s), they have waived their right to dispute the ticket(s).
- After the parking ticket recipient has submitted the first level dispute and received a valid determination, the ticket recipient can further dispute the parking ticket at the Second Level (Administrative Hearing).
- The Second Level (Administrative Hearing) request must be submitted within twenty-one (21) days from the Administrative Review determination. The hearing may be made by telephone, in writing, or in person.
- The person requesting an administrative hearing shall deposit the amount of the parking penalty with the processing agency (PMB) or complete a hardship waiver form requesting an administrative hearing without payment of the parking penalty with the processing agency.
- If the ticket recipient is dissatisfied with the Administrative Hearing decision, the parking ticket may be further disputed at the Stanislaus County Superior Court within 30 days of the Administrative Hearing determination notice. The court filing fee is $25.00. If the court rules in the parking ticket recipient’s favor, Stanislaus State will refund the filing fee plus any parking penalties the court has dismissed. The ticket recipient must provide the court with a copy of the second-level (administrative hearing) decision.
- If a notice of appeal is not filed with the Stanislaus County Superior Court within the 30-calendar day limit, the Administrative Hearing decision shall be final.
For additional information on disputing a parking ticket, please visit pmbonline.org.
Updated: January 18, 2023