- Parking Guidelines
- Daily, visitor/vendor permits must be displayed on your dash clearly visible.
- Do not park in Faculty/Staff areas with a daily permit until after 4pm.
- Vendors with large delivery vehicles, contact UPD at 667-3114 for additional information.
Buying a Permit
- Visitors are not automatically exempt from paying a parking fee.
- Our Guest Parking Request outlines approved parking exemptions and should be submitted by your host department for review by UPD at least two days prior to your visit.
- Daily permits are available near campus entrances for $6 (have cash/change available). View map for daily permit dispenser locations.
- 1-hour metered parking available in Lot 1 near the Library (around University Circle).
- Free, temporary (time-limit) parking spaces are available in:
- Lot 11 near MSR (campus administrative building)
- Lot 8 near the Arena
- Lot 2 near the Art and Theatre buildings
- To use a disabled parking space (or to park in a metered space), a valid CSU Stanislaus parking permit as well as a valid DMV Placard or Disabled plate must be displayed (CCR Title 5, Division 5, Article 7, 42200 & Ed. Code 67301a).
- Enforced 24/7, year-round
- Disabled parking map
- Parking permits are enforced in all lots 7AM-10PM, M-F, including non-instruction days (e.g. spring break). Permits do not exempt vehicles from paying parking meter fees, unless displayed with a valid DMV issued disabled placard or plate.
- Student semester and daily permits are valid in employee parking areas after 4 p.m. and in areas marked with bright, yellow reserved signs after 5 p.m.
- The following areas are enforced 24/7 year-round: Disabled stalls, red curbs, fire lanes, time-limit spaces, service/maintenance stalls, white and yellow curbs and meter parking.
- Service vehicle spaces must be available to ambulance, fire, police, maintenance and other service vehicles. Vehicles parked over 20 minutes in service vehicle only spaces may receive a parking ticket.
- Don’t delay! You have 21 days from the date the ticket was issued to dispute or pay the original fine amount. Visit www.pmbonline.org to pay or dispute.
- All disputes are processed through the online process. To pay in person, visit UPD M-F during campus business hours.
Parking and Traffic Ordinances (PTO's) - Vehicles with five or more unpaid parking tickets are subject to impound per California Vehicle Code 22651.
- PTO # 1: A valid permit must be displayed except in Metered or Loading Zones
- PTO # 2: The use of a fictitious or forged permit to avoid a fee is prohibited
- PTO # 3: Permit must be displayed in the manner and in the location prescribed
- PTO # 5: Vehicles with a valid permit must park in appropriate parking lot
- PTO # 6: Vehicles in metered spaces must have unexpired time on meter
- PTO # 7: Parking in restricted lots or designated spaces is prohibited
- PTO # 8: Parking in a designated space is considered between the white lines
- PTO #10: Use of Reserved spaces requires the display of a Reserved permit
- PTO #12: Parking overnight without permission of University Police is prohibited
- PTO #13: Abandonment of vehicle (after 72 or more hours) will result in towing
- PTO #15: Failure to obey University signs or signals is prohibited
- PTO #16: Defacing University signs is prohibited
- PTO #17: Vehicle repairs on campus is permitted with University Police approval
- PTO #18: The use of a lost or stolen permit is prohibited