STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER
The Student Success Center serves undergraduate Business Administration students in the College of Business Administration and is committed to your student success.
The Student Success Center offers a one-stop-shop to meet all of your student needs including academic, social & career advising, internships & job posting boards, career events, scholarships, student organizations and much more!
All Undergraduate students majoring or minoring in Business Administration should obtain early advice from the Student Success Center or Faculty Advisor within their Concentration on academic requirements and proper sequencing of courses to complete their degree.
Alternative Hours of Operation:
May 25th – June 5th: Open Monday – Friday, 8am-12pm
Closed Monday, May 25th for Memorial Day & Thursday, May 28th for Commencement
June 1st - August 7th
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Advising Hours: Appointments Only
Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 11:30am & 12:00pm – 3:00pm
NO ADVISING ON FRIDAYS
No appointments available until June 23rd.
The office will be closed for New Student Orientation on the following days:
- Friday, June 19th
- Friday, June 26th
- Thursday, July 9th
- Wednesday, July 15th
- Friday, July 17th
- Wednesday, July 22nd
Want to Schedule an Appointment?
Contact the Student Success Center to make an appointment at (209) 667-3786, Email CBASSC@csustan.edu, or stop by the office in the DBH Building, Room 217.
Students are encouraged to schedule an academic advising appointment at least once a year. Students who are looking to graduate should schedule a graduation audit at lest two semesters prior to graduation.
Topics for Appointments include but are not limited to the following:
- Transfer credits & articulations
- Planning out a few semester educational plan
- Senior Graduation Approval Forms
- SAP/ Financial Aid Appeal Letters
- Probation Advising
- Or discussing something that needs a longer amount of time and attention from an advisor
Appointment Times Slots:
30-minute appointment for current student advising
60- minute appointment for Probation, Financial Aid or SAP Letters, and New transfer student advising (Transfer credits & articulations)
At the time of scheduling, you will need to provide the following information:
- Name & Student ID
- Topics you would like advising on: (i.e. Change of Concentration, Graduation Approval, Academic Planning, Job & Career Resources, etc.)
If you are 10 minutes late to your appointment, your appointment will be CANCELED and you will have to reschedule.
(Subject to change & vary each semester)
- It is generally busy and you can anticipated a waiting line for advising
- Students are seen on a first come, first serve basis
- Sessions are ONLY 15-30 minutes per student for 1 semester advising only
Topics covered in WALK-IN Advising are:
- Advising to plan out up coming class schedule for 1 semester
- Assistance or reviews of current classes
- Change or Add Concentration
- Questions on major, university, events or student resources
Appointments are Required and cannot be advised during walk-in hours.
Your records may not be fully available to us in the system, so it is encouraged to bring copies of your unofficial transcripts from ALL of your transferring colleges you have attended.
Transfer students that have been admitted should sign up to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) where the business administration major will be attending and advising all new business students the day of orientation on.