Welcome to the SSC
The Student Success Center (SSC) in the College of Business Administration advises currently enrolled undergraduate Business Administration students at Stanislaus State.
We provide academic resources, services and programs that support students' transition into college, their transformation as owners of their academic careers, and promote professional development while engaging them as members of the college learning community.
Roles, Responsibilities and Resources
In the College of Business Administration, academic advising is a collaborative relationship between a student and an academic advisor in the Student Success Center. The intent of this collaboration is to assist the student in developing meaningful educational goals that are consistent with career aspirations, personal interests, values and abilities.
A key tenet of academic advising is that the student is responsible for their own decisions. The student's role is to explore academic, career, and personal goals. This requires the student to:
- Seek advising early! During registration time advising is at high demand and appointments are booked weeks in advance.
- Be on time to your appointment! Appointments will be canceled if 10 minutes late.
- Come prepared to your advising appointment
- Understand and know degree and major requirements
- Have an Major Advising Sheet and/or Roadmap available and use for degree planning
- Have goals and tentative plan to discuss for your degree
- Be an active participate by listening, engaging in conversation, asking questions, and taking notes.
- Utilize available resources, including University catalog, class schedule, general education and STAN Degree Progress to monitor academic progress
- Take responsibility for actions and decisions that affect academic progress.
The College of Business Administration’s Student Success Center Academic Advisors provides academic assistance and individualized attention to promote each student's success at Stanislaus State. They can share knowledge, experience, and insight that is beneficial to the student. They can also help explore academic interests, identify resources for additional information and support, as well as develop plans of study to meet student's educational goals. The advisor's role is to help the student evaluate and realize educational and career options. This requires the advisor to:
- Approve the student's academic program of study
- Provide accurate and consistent information
- Clarify program requirements, policies, and procedures
- Assist the student in identifying appropriate institutional resources
- Facilitate relationships between the student and other individuals on campus who may provide assistance
- Uphold the academic standards of the institution
Students who are interested in attending Stanislaus State and declaring Business Administration as a major should first contact the Office of Admissions and Outreach Services to inquire about admissions requirements to the university. There are no admission or impaction requirements for Business Administration majors at Stanislaus State.
Current students that are interested in Declaring Business Administration or changing their Concentration with the major need to complete a Declaration or Change of Degree Objective Form and email it to the Student Success Center at email@example.com and schedule an academic advising appointment on Warrior Connect to review the major requirements and create a plan for degree completion.
New students will receive advising as part of New Student Orientation (NSO). Details will be emailed to your university email.
Updated: August 07, 2023