Welcome to the Warrior Family!
New Student Orientations plays an important role in fostering a student’s successful transition to life at Stan State. We aim to provide resources, services, events, and programs that keep families informed about the university.
We look forward to building a strong partnership to support your students’ success at Stan State!
Parent and Family Orientation
Guests are invited to attend orientation alongside their student’s scheduled New Student Orientation. This one-day program introduces our community, campus services and resources for student success.
- Students are welcome to register two guests to attend Parent and Family Orientation for an additional fee of $50 per guest.
- The payment to attend orientation for students and families is not due until Thursday, February 22, 2024.
- Please note that overnight accommodation for family members is not provided.
- Students can register guests for Parent and Family Orientation through WarriorLife.
Check below to view the registration dates and topics. Orientations will begin at 8 a.m. and conclude by 4 p.m.
What to Expect
- Welcome from campus administrators.
- Introduction to the academic experience.
- "Money Matters" with Financial Aid and Financial Services.
- "Health and Wellness" with Student Health Services.
- "Safety on Campus" with University Police.
- Q&A with current students.
- Housing tours and much more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes as you’ll be participating in a campus tour, listening to speakers, and interacting with campus representatives along with other program participants.
There is a two-guest registration limit per student.
Yes, there will be meat, vegetarian, and gluten-free options available.
Yes. Stanislaus State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If accommodation is needed or you have questions about the physical access provided, please call New Student Orientation at (209) 664-6757 in advance of your participation or visit.
Key Campus Information
Updated: November 06, 2023