Discover what you can learn and where an accounting concentration can take you.
The accounting concentration and its mission provides students with the necessary foundation for a range of interesting and rewarding careers in public accounting, private industry, government, consulting, tax accounting and elsewhere. Accounting students are interested in working with people, teamwork, contributing to a common goal, working with numbers, and working independently. They will learn business communications, technical accounting procedures, financial statement preparation, problem solving, and ethical decision-making.
Students are not limited to a particular specialization as they start a life-long learning path as a professional accountants. Students are encouraged to prepare for certification examinations such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Grimbleby Coleman CPAs, Inc.
- G3 Enterprises
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Atherton & Associates
- Foster Farms
- Franchise Tax Board
- Stanislaus County
- Merced County Office of Education
- Moss Adams LLP
- Tax consultants
- Cost, managerial or tax accountants
- Staff accountants
- Budget analysts
"Majoring in accounting has been a remarkable journey that has provided me with a comprehensive outlook about the financial matters of business institutions and the confidence to serve them with zeal and integrity."
The mission of the Accounting Program at California State University, Stanislaus is to prepare undergraduate students to be productive professionals who can make responsible decisions in a changing world by:
- Creating a student focused educational environment that emphasizes high quality teaching and learning.
- Enhancing and strengthening our teaching and learning through applied research and instructional development while recognizing the contribution of basic research.
We serve a diverse student population, many of who are first generation university students. We are responsive to the particular needs of non-traditional students whose life experiences and commitment to learning enrich the overall educational environment.
We also employ our professional skills in service to the School, University, scholarly and professional organizations, and the regional business community.
We recognize that the following stakeholders are principal partners in our success:
- Employers/Business community
- University Administration and Faculty
- Local community
- State Taxpayers
We want to become a program of accounting that is increasingly recognized by our stakeholders for preparing self-confident, competent graduates able to perform effectively in a changing environment.
Our program mission is congruent with the mission of the Business School and the University. We seek to develop the student as a total person. To this end our required program includes the completion of the California State University educational breadth requirements in the arts, humanities and sciences and the study of business administration common body of knowledge.
To achieve its mission, the Accounting Program encourages the faculty to:
- Demonstrate quality classroom teaching which stress rigor, discipline, method, high standards, and promotion of active faculty-student rapport.
- Expose Accounting students to the facets of international business, information technology, professional ethics, and instill technical competence and analytical skills.
- Make intellectual contributions, pursue professional interactions, and serve campus, community, professional, and academic organizations.
- Develop and provide quality service courses for other undergraduate and graduate areas of study within the University.
Updated: July 06, 2023