Driving small vehicles on campus is a privledge and should be treated as such.
Vehicle Code Section 670 defines a vehicle as a device by which any person or property may be propelled, moved, or drawn upon a highway, excepting a device moved exclusively by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks.
Carts are considered a vehicle and all rules of the road should be followed no matter if driving on a pathway or roadway. Individuals who are seen driving inappropriately can have their privledges revoked.
University Employees who intend to drive any small vehicle on campus must complete the following:
- Register for Defensive Driver Training
- Complete the online Defensive Driver course
- Complete an online course for small vehicles
- Complete an in-person practical excercise
- Send in a completed Rules of Operation and training record form
Small Vehicles include, but are not limited to: three or four wheeled electric or gas powered golf carts, utility vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, small maintenance vehicles, escort shuttles, or disabled transport carts.
Health & Safety Specialist
PH: (209) 667-3689
- Small Vehicle Safety Log (as of 8/14/18)