KINS 4900 Exercise is Medicine - KinsFit Program
KinsFit, (formerly known as 100 Citizens and 3 Wins Fitness) began in 2011 as a joint project between the City of San Fernando and the Department of Kinesiology at California State University, Northridge. The program has since grown to include campuses throughout the California State University system. The Stan State Department of Kinesiology partnered with the City of Turlock Parks and Recreation to create a program uniquely designed for Turlock. The program began in the spring of 2016. Today the program is ran as KinsFit, following the original mission to provide a free, sustainable, and replicable program for our community.
KinsFit is run by students in the capstone course Exercise is Medicine (KINS4900). Our students have spent years learning about the benefits of physical activity, and this program provides them the opportunity to apply what they have learned in the classroom to the real world. We are training the future leaders in health care, and this is their first opportunity to educate our community and promote an active and healthy lifestyle.
KinsFit in the News
- Stan State News: HIPs Mini-Grant Helps Expand Campus Fitness Program
- Stan State Signal: The Kins Fit Program Brings Students and Faculty Together
- Modesto Bee: University students team up...
- Turlock Journal: Stanislaus State students to...
- Turlock Journal: Free exercise program encourages...
- Stan State Kinesiology Students Leading Community Fitness Groups
Updated: August 08, 2023