Exercise Science Mission Statement
The purpose of the Exercise Science is to provide students with learning opportunities, which professionally prepare them to guide others toward acquiring and achieving goals for optimal physical health, fitness, and sports performance.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate and apply exercise science content knowledge through taking exams, completing assignments including laboratory write-ups, and participating in course activities.
- Students will develop effective communication skills through oral presentations, handouts for their peers, and small group discussions.
- Students will develop effective leadership and interpersonal communication skills through assignments, which require individual and group assessment and consultation.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills through the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data in order to design and implement plans for exercise prescription, rehabilitation, and performance outcomes.
- Students will develop and demonstrate professionalism through observations of professionals in the field, by attending professional events, and by applying confidentiality principles while collecting data and interacting with individuals and groups.
This degree path will prepare individuals to enter directly into careers such as personal fitness training, strength and conditioning coaching, and lifestyle coaching. This concentration also prepares students to enter into graduate programs and professional schools in order to pursue careers in biomechanics, exercise physiology, nutrition, and allied health science fields such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and chiropractic medicine.
What is Exercise Science?
- Frequently Asked Questions document concerning B.S. in Exercise Science
Careers and Continued Educational Options
|Sue Eastham, Ed.D. (Associate Professor)||email@example.com||209 667 3691|
|Jeff Bernard, Ph.D. (Associate Professor)||firstname.lastname@example.org||209 667 6819|
|Arya Alami, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor)||email@example.com||209 667 3804|
|Janice Herring, M.S. (Lecturer)||firstname.lastname@example.org||209 667 3855|
|Matt Fraze, M.S. (Lecturer)||email@example.com||209 667 3398|
Outstanding Student Exercise Science, 2021 - Rocky Pimentel
Previous Outstanding Student Exercise Science Awardees
2016 - Hannah Cifuentes
2017 - Alexa Sanchez-Estrada
2018 - Krystle Sanders
2019 - Rebecca Linderman
2020 - Sean Fjellstrom