Department of Kinesiology and Public Health Promotion Mission Statement:
The mission of the faculty of the Department of Kinesiology and Public Health Promotion is to professionally prepare students to positively contribute to the health and well-being of members of society as advocates for a physically active lifestyle, and preventative health methods. We strive to promote life-long learning and service to diverse populations. Additionally, the department enriches the overall education of all students at Stanislaus State through its activity courses and upper and lower division general education course offerings.
This mission is accomplished through a series of foundational courses, assignments, and experiences specific to one of three fields of study:
- Exercise Science
- Public Health Promotion
- Physical Education: Single Subject Matter Preparation Program
- Content Knowledge: Students will demonstrate and apply knowledge and disciplinary concepts related to the fields of Kinesiology and Public Health
- Communications Skills: Students will develop oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Critical Thinking: Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to make sound decisions and solve problems as they apply to the fields of Kinesiology and Public Health.
- Professionalism: Students will demonstrate professional and ethical practices in the areas of communication, conduct, presentation, preparation.
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Advising is mandatory for all majors in this degree program. For more information concerning advising, please go to the advising tab.
Students interested in obtaining a teaching credential are strongly advised to confer with the Department of Teacher Education program adviser at the beginning of the junior year. An application for admission into the teacher education program is available from the Department of Teacher Education.
For requirement information regarding the department programs please visit the University Catalog.