Single Subject Matter Preparation Program Mission Statement
The mission of the faculty of the Single Subject Matter Preparation Program is to professionally prepare exceptional physical education teachers and coaches that foster the acquisition of content knowledge and skills and promote physically active lifestyles of children and young adults through high quality physical education programs. This degree path allows individuals to enter into a credential program.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate and apply physical education content knowledge through taking exams, completing assignments, and participating in course activities.
- Students will demonstrate and apply motor skill competency in a variety of sports and games through successful physical participation and completion of the theory and analysis courses.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills and a high degree of professionalism in their coursework and at professional events.
- Degree Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Suggested Course Sequence Roadmap
- Additional Advising Information & FAQs
|Heather Deaner, Ed.D. (Professor, Program Coordinator)||email@example.com||209 667 3294|
|Sue Eastham, Ed.D. (Professor)||firstname.lastname@example.org||209 667 3691|
|Erin Hall, Ed.D. (Professor)||email@example.com||209 667 3219|
|Janice Herring, M.S. (Lecturer)||firstname.lastname@example.org||209 667 3855|
|Matt Fraze, M.S. (Lecturer)||email@example.com||209 667 3398|
- CAHPERD (California Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance)
- California Department of Education State PE Standards (PDF)
- SHAPE (Society of Health and Physical Educators)
- Stan State Credential Program
James Bowen Memorial Award Recipients
2021 - Brandon Pacheco
Previous Award Winners
- 2013 Christine Rettinhouse
- 2014 Matthew Blakely
- 2015 Omar Musleh
- 2016 Enith Rojas
- 2017 Nina Garcia
- 2018 Gabriela Aguilar
- 2019 Miguel Arellano
- 2020 Brian Dudley and Salvador Gutierrez