Substance misuse and abuse is a major issue on college campuses nationwide. The culture around use of addictive substances and the availability of it has resulted in a range of harmful academic, health, and social consequences that are felt not only by the abusers, but by friends and family members too.
Did You Know?
During the Spring 2016 implementation of the American College Health Association - National College Health Assessment II (ACHA-NCHA II) we found the following regarding Stanislaus State students’ behaviors:
- 29.6% of students have never used alcohol.
- Of the students who reported alcohol use, 92.8% use a designated driver.
- 76.2% of students reported consuming 4 or fewer drinks the last time they “partied” or socalized.
- 81.2% of students reported eating before and/or during drinking.
- 83.6% of students have never used cigarettes.
- 76.8% of students have never used tobacco from a water pipe (hookah).
- 72.3% of students have never used marijuana.