The Academic Programs Team serve faculty and deans in the educational effectiveness process and provide support and coordination for academic program reviews, curriculum and program development,
program accreditation by discipline, and regional accreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). This website brings together information and contact information for the
staff who provide expertise and support.
The University offers a rich mix of 43 undergraduate majors and 23 graduate programs (15 master's programs, seven post-graduate credentials, and a doctorate in educational leadership). Programs are offered at the Turlock campus and the Stanislaus State Stockton Center. Additionally, University Extended Education represents Stanislaus State as a self-support division that offers a diverse range of undergraduate and graduate degrees, professional development courses and certificates, and international education opportunities at both the Turlock campus and the Stockton Center, as well as through hybrid and fully online modes of instruction.
AVP for Academic Affairs
The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs / Accreditation Liaison Officer oversees the following offices and programs:
- Academic Programs
- General Education
- Writing Proficiency Screening Test
Currently, Dr. Shawna Young leads Academic Programs as the Interim Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. If you need assistance developing courses or programs, please do not hesitate to be in touch with the Curriculum Specialist. Contact information can be found here.
We invite you to explore the resources available. Please be in touch with your questions or if the we can assist you in any way at (209) 667-3082.
- A list of undergraduate and graduate programs:
- The approval route of curriculum changes:
- List of University policies
- List of Chancellor's Office policies
- Degree programs and subprograms, such as concentration, tracks, or emphases, are assigned CSU Degree Codes with matching federal reporting codes (CIP - Classification of Instructiona Program codes). CIP is a taxonomic scheme that supports the accurate tracking and reporting of fields of study and program completions activity. For a list of CSU Degree Codes, utilize the linked Chancellor's Office resource:
- Information and guides to help faculty develop course learning outcomes and syllabi can be found on the Assessment website:
- Need help assigning a new course a course classification number or how to determine faculty workload for a course? Utilize the following resources:
- Insitutional data about program enrollment numbers:
Did you know?
- Academic ProgramsDeadlines for ProposalsThe first week in May the Academic Catalog publishes. All curricular proposals for a catalog are due the preceding first Friday in December.
- AccreditationThe Office of AccreditationStanislaus State was reaccredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) for nine years in July 2010. Our next Comprehensive Review will occur in Spring 2019.
- AssessmentThe Office of AssessmentUnsure of your program's Academic Program Review schedule? Visit the Office of Assessment Website for more information.
- General EducationThe Office of General EducationOn March 26, 2015, the General Education Goals and Outcomes revisions were approved by President Sheley. For more information about General Education at Stanislaus State, visit the General Education website.
- Writing Proficiency Screening Test (WPST)The Office for the WPSTStudents can register for the WPST online. For information about test dates and registration, visit the WPST website.