TPA Contact Info
All TPA-related email and questions should be directed to: email@example.com
Ms. Anne Cameron, TPA Assistant
209/664-6816 - DBH301A (inside Dean's office)
For content related questions ONLY, contact Dr. Daniel Soodjinda – TPA Faculty Coordinator
209/664-6607 - DBH 338
For the "old TPA" please see the TaskStream Orientation Site for any TPA announcements.
CalTPA Information (New Version)
TPA Information (Old Version)
Teaching Performance Assessment
Official Tasks and Rubrics
TaskStream Orientation Site
Navigating the Taskstream TPA Orientation Site
TPA Forms and Documents
Creating a New Tasksream Account
Creating a New Taskstream Account
TPA Due Dates (Old TPA and New CalTPA Versions)
What is the Teacher Performance Assessment?
As of July 2008, California statute (Chap. 517, Stats. 2006) requires all candidates for a preliminary Multiple and Single Subject Teaching Credential to pass an assessment of their teaching performance with K-12 public school students as part of the requirements for earning a teaching credential. This assessment of teaching performance is designed to measure the candidate's knowledge, skills and ability with relation to California's Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs), including demonstrating his/her ability to appropriately instruct all K-12 students in the Student Academic Content Standards. Each of the three approved teaching performance assessment models requires a candidate to complete defined tasks relating to subject-specific pedagogy, designing and implementing instruction and student assessment, and a culminating teaching experience or event. When taken as a whole, teaching performance assessment tasks/activities multiply measure the TPEs. Candidate performances are scored by trained assessors against one or more rubrics that describe levels of performance relative to each task/activity. Each model must also meet and maintain specified standards of assessment reliability, validity, and fairness to candidates. All candidates who start a Commission-approved multiple and single subject teacher preparation program as of July 1, 2008 must meet the teaching performance assessment requirement.
Additional (new) CalTPA Information
- General overview of both CalTPA cycles
- Multiple Subject Detailed Overview and Cycle Templates/Rubrics
- Single Subject Detailed Overview and Cycle Templates/Rubrics
- World Languages Detailed Overview and Cycle Templates/Rubrics
- Interested in signing up for an online CalTPA workshop? Sign up for one HERE!!
- If you can't make it to an online workshop, you can request a CalTPA workshop recording for cycle 1 HERE!! Or, you can request a CalTPA workshop recording for cycle 2 HERE!!
Additional "old" TPA Information
- TPA forms, benchmarks, permission forms, a printable version of this semester's schedule, and all video tutorials are now housed on the TPA Orientation Site on Taskstream.
- The TPA Benchmarks are now hosted on Taskstream. View more information about how to access the TPA Benchmarks.
- The TPA Candidate Handbook is your first source for questions on the old TPA and what is expected for each Task.
- TPA Task templates and TPA Rubrics from the CTC.
- General information about the TPA Program from the CTC.
- Learn more about California's Teaching Performance Expectations.
TPA Remediations/Revisions and Requirements
Revised TPA procedures include:
- Task Submission Dates vary for each task each semester - Dates differ by program (Multiple or Single Subject) and are solely responsible for timely submission of TPA tasks.
- Failure to submit a TPA Task on the Due Date - Students who fail to submit a TPA task on the due date must enroll in the Extended Education (UEE) course for that TPA task prior to submitting the late task. UEE Enrollment requires paid tuition which may vary by semester.
- Failure of TPA Task and Resubmission – Any failed task requires UEE enrollment in the TPA Remediation course prior to resubmission of the task. UEE Enrollment requires paid tuition which may vary by semester.
All TPA late submissions and remediation will require University Extended Education (UEE) enrollment and paid tuition which may vary by semester.
- Check the TPA Calendar for current submission dates
- All questions relating to remediation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org