Ergonomics & Stan Ergo Assess
What is Ergonomics?
Ergonomics is the science of fitting the task to the worker to maximize productivity while reducing discomfort, fatigue, and injury.
What is Stan Ergo Assess?
Stan Ergo Assess is an on-line ergonomic training and self-assessment program for your workstation.
What do I do if I am in need of an assessment?
- Take the Stan Ergo Assess on-line self assessment (click on the diagram above).
Once you complete your self assessment, you will receive an email with your risk assessment results. If your results are high risk, please follow the steps below:
- Contact your supervisor. It is important that your supervisor is aware of your request.
- Contact Safety & Risk Management to schedule a follow-up in person assessment.
Here are some quick and easy things to do if you are having any discomfort...
- Eye Strain
- Stretching Excercises
Ergonomic Equipment/Tools - Sample Program
Safety & Risk Management have a small supply of equipment/tools that can be checked out on a two-week trial to determine if the tool is right for you.
Sample items include: keyboards, mouse, document holders, and chairs. Contact Safety & Risk Management for more information.
View All FAQs
- Healthy Workstation Guidelines
- Breaks - When should I take them?
- Office Chairs - What to look for?
- Workstation Stretches
- Avoid Ergonomic Injuries
- On-the-Job Injuries
- Lift Right
- Practice Good Ergonomics
- Sit Right
- Take a Break
- What You See Could Hurt You
Ergonomic Tips & Checklists