Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide some relief from the economic fallout related to the COVID-19 pandemic. One element of CARES Act funding is the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II).
We are excited to announce that Stanislaus State has received our second round of Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) money, authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 (CRRSAA). Stanislaus State has received $6.65 million in CRRSAA funds to provide financial aid grants for students.
The following public information is provided in compliance with Section § 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act for California State University, Stanislaus (Stanislaus State):
- Stanislaus State signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement on April 13, 2020 for the Student Aid portion of the grant. Stanislaus State has used the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Stanislaus State received notice on Jan. 17, 2021, that it had received an award of $6,657,358. This amount represents fifty percent of the total funds to be received by Stanislaus State under Section 18004(a)(1) and will be used by the University to provide emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus.
- The total amount of the HEERF II Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is $6,657,358 as of March 4, 2021.
- The estimated total number of students at Stanislaus State that are eligible to participate in HEERF II program under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 8,364
- The total number of students who have received HEERF II Emergency Financial Aid Grants under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 6,887 as of March 4, 2021.
- Stanislaus State prioritized grants to students with exceptional financial need, such as those who receive Pell Grants. The HEERF II funds can be awarded to online students as well. In order to be eligible for HEERF II funds, students need to have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with an official Estimated Family Contribution on file with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. Stanislaus State reviewed all received FAFSA applications by February 5, 2021. DACA, AB 540 undocumented, and international students are not currently eligible for HEERF II funding. We will be reviewing other institutional funding to determine financial support for AB 540 undocumented students.
|Our award amount are:||Units Enrolled||Amout per Stu|
|0 EFC||1 - 6 units||$600|
|0 EFC||7 + units||$1,250|
|1 - 4000 EFC||1 - 6 units||$400|
|1 - 4000 EFC||7 + units||$950|
|4001 - 5711||1 - 6 units||$300|
|4001 - 5711||7 + units||$600|
|5712-10,000||1 - 6 units||$200|
|5712-10,000||7 + units||$400|
We will be funding 71% of our currently enrolled students for spring 2021.
7. Eligible students were awarded funds and sent award emails notifications.
Updated: November 16, 2021