What is the Federal Emergency Grant?
Stanislaus State signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement to receive funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II), and under American Rescue Plan (ARP), the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III) for the Student Aid portion of the grant. These funds are to assist students with critical emergency unexpected expenses as Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
As of May 17, 2021, Stanislaus state has received $32,658,331.00 to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. The total estimated number of students that are potentially eligible to be considered for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants was 16,742. As of June 30, 2022, Stanislaus State has awarded a total of $32,658,331.00 to 13,513 unduplicated students.
California State University, Stanislaus prioritized grants to students with exceptional financial need, such as those who receive Pell Grants or are undergraduates with extraordinary financial circumstances.
- Eligibility for CARES Act, HEERF II and HEERF III funds, were based on Expected Family Contribution (EFC),
- For the initial CARES Act award, students were awarded in tiers
- Tier 1: Students with the lowest income status who received maximum state and/or federal aid
- Tier 2: Students with some financial need prior to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Tier 3: Eligible students without regard to prior state and/or federal aid received
- CARES Act students were encouraged to apply for additional emergency funds based via an online application. These awards were based on emergency expenses such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child cares.
- CARES Act and HEERF II were only offered to FAFSA applicants. DACA and International students were not eligible at the time.
- For HEERF III Students without a FAFSA or CADAA on file, were encouraged to complete them or create an account with CollegeBoard and submit a copy of the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) estimate from College board estimator to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office via our web application.
- International students were also given consideration for HEERF III
Updated: October 07, 2022