Summer Financial Aid is Available!
If you filed a FAFSA or CADAA for 2022/2023 and you are enrolled (not waitlisted) in Summer 2023 courses, you will be automatically reviewed for Summer Financial Aid eligibility. Limited financial aid is available for the summer term to students who qualify. Summer financial aid may consist of Federal Pell Grant, Federal Student Loans, and State University Grant. Summer schedule changes can affect your summer financial aid.
By accepting your Summer Financial Aid you understand that:
- Summer 2023 is subject to annual program limits stipulated for Federal Financial Aid programs. If you have received the maximum awards during the 2022-2023 academic year, those programs are not available for the Summer Term.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for Spring 2023 will have to be reviewed before we release summer financial aid.
- If you are attending Fall 2023, your aid will also be delayed until Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for Summer 2023 is calculated. This is to include summer term grades.
- Summer 2023 funding is subject to the same refund and repayment regulations that apply to the academic year. If you drop units or withdraw after receipt of financial aid, you may be required to repay that aid prior to the Fall 2023 semester.
- You must be fully enrolled (not waitlisted) in courses.
Be aware that some programs may require full-time enrollment.
- To be considered for summer aid, you must be a continuing Stan State student AND have a 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act Application (CADAA) on file with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office by May 25, 2023. If you already completed a 2022-2023 FAFSA or CADAA, you do NOT need to submit again for summer aid.
- Summer 2023 is considered the last term for the 2022-2023 academic year. Summer financial aid availability depends on whether you have already used your full eligibility amount of Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loans during the Fall 2022 and/or Spring 2023 terms. Graduate students do not qualify for the Federal Pell Grant. Your file will also be evaluated for the State University Grant eligibility at the time of summer awarding.
- Registering at the same time for all summer term classes in one or more sessions will facilitate the processing of your financial aid request. Your summer aid eligibility is based on your total units of enrollment in all summer sessions.
- The Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will begin awarding summer financial aid in April. All students will be notified of their eligibility via their Stan State e-mail and MyStanState portal accounts. You must be enrolled to be considered for summer aid. Please note that it may take up to 3 weeks to be awarded for the summer term.
- Students that have graduated in spring 2023 and are attending summer 2023 to complete pre-requisites for ANY program are not eligible for financial aid during the summer 2023 term.
Once you have registered for summer classes and have a FAFSA or a CADAA on file, you will automatically be reviewed for Summer Financial Aid. You will be considered for:
- Any unused Federal Pell Grant you have left from the 2022/2023 academic year. Undergraduate and Teaching Credential students only.
- The Year Round Pell Grant. You must be enrolled at least half time (6 units) to be considered. (Undergraduate and teaching credential students only).
- Any unused Federal Direct Loan you have left from the 2022/2023 academic year. You must be enrolled at least half time (6 units - undergraduate and teaching credential students, 4 units - Graduate students).
- The State University Grant. Undergraduate and teaching credential students only.
- Summer financial aid will begin disbursing the week of May 30th to those who qualify and weekly thereafter.
- Your summer financial aid award may not cover all of your summer tuition fees. Any balance due to the University must be paid immediately. Fees, housing obligations, and other costs (except parking) are deducted from your financial aid refund.
The amount and type of summer aid you will be eligible for will depend on many factors, including the number of enrolled units, grade level, need, and whether you have exhausted your eligibility for federal grants and loans during the regular 2022-2023 academic year. If you are unsure about your exact circumstance, you can always check with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. Although we will be unable to process your summer aid on a walk-in basis, you may see an advisor, to obtain an estimate of your summer aid eligibility.
A review of student Satisfactory Academic Progress toward an eligible degree or certificate is required by federal, state, and institutional rules as one condition for financial aid eligibility. Students who fail the standards are not making satisfactory academic progress and are not eligible for financial aid funding unless the student submits an appeal, and the appeal is approved. SAP is reviewed at the end of every payment period.
Deadline: Monday, July 3
- To submit an appeal please log on to your FA Online Forms account.
- If you do not yet have an account you may create an account by going to FA Online Forms.
Important! Before withdrawing, contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. If you completely withdraw from the University (including medical withdrawal) before 60% of your enrollment period, you may have to repay all or part of the award you received.
For assistance, contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
As an employee of Stan State, you and your dependents have the opportunity to enroll in courses at a reduced rate. For more information, visit the Employee waiver available summer 2023.
Updated: March 07, 2023