Frequently Asked Questions

Can I pursue the Education Specialist Credential and the Multiple Subject concurrently?

Yes, check with the Special Education Coordinator if you wish to pursue the Concurrent Education Specialist Credential and a Multiple Subject Credential.         

Do You Offer Assistance in Passing the CBEST and CSET Exams?

Yes, contact Tara Ribeiro in the Teacher Recruitment and Retention Office (DBH 307 or 667-3589) for information about upcoming workshops

Do You Have Paid Internships?

Yes. Stanislaus State has intern agreements with most school districts in San Joaquin, Stanislaus and Merced Counties.  Intern teachers do not complete student teaching; their paid intern teaching replaces student teaching.  Students who are hired as long-term substitutes may obtain pay and credit for student teaching at the same time.

Is Your Program Accredited?  What Happens If I Want to Teach in Another State?

Stanislaus State is fully accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and by the National Commission on Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).  Therefore, you can be assured that your program meets the highest State and National Standards. 

If you go to another state you will have university transcripts that detail the courses and program that you completed. With NCATE accreditation you will be required to take fewer additional courses or exams to receive a teacher credential from that state.

Is it possible to add a Single Subject Content Area to a Multiple Subject Credential or Single Subject Credential?

Yes, if you hold a Multiple Subject or Single Subject Credential you can add a Single Subject Content Area to a Multiple Subject or Single Subject. Get more information and a list of pedagogy courses that aligns with your specific content area.

I hold a Single Subject Credential and would like to add a Multiple Subject Credential. Is this possible?

Yes, it is possible to add a Multiple Subject Credential to a Single Subject Credential.  More information.