Alcohol Poisoning

this is a logo for the alcohol poisoning campaign “Aware, Awake, Alive” save a life from alcohol poisoning

Alcohol poisoning is a serious – and sometimes deadly – consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time. Drinking too much too quickly can affect your breathing, heart rate, gag reflex, and potentially lead to coma and death.

Did you know?

A person’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) can continue to rise even while he or she is passed out. Even after a person stops drinking, alcohol in the stomach and the intestine can continue to enter the bloodstream and circulate throughout the body. It’s dangerous to assume a person will be fine by sleeping it off.

Know the Signs (MUST HELP)

M - Mental Confusion

U - Unresponsive

S - Snoring/Gasping for air

T - Throwing up

H - Hypothermia

E - Erratic Breathing

L - Loss of Consciousness

P - Paleness/Blueness of Skin

If a person is unconscious, breathing less than 8 breaths per minute, or has repeated, controlled vomiting…CALL 911.

Link to Carson's Story

Visit awareawakealive.org for more information.