Associated Students, Inc. is a student-run organization that provides programs and services to enhance and support the student experience.
ASI provides students with co-curricular events and activities through student government involvement opportunities, event programming, and community service opportunities. Services that ASI provides directly to students and student organizations include: Marketing Services, the Warrior Discounter Program, Turlock Transit, and funding through scholarships and student organization funding.
We encourage you to take part in our various programs and services.
Associated Students, Inc. and the University Student Center are two separate organizations but are functionally merged. This means they have different missions (why they exist) and different visions (goals they work towards) but they share the same values (ethics, student life, etc.). ASI & SC are functionally merged because they share values.
Each organization has its own budget and goals, but they are run by the same Executive Director, allowing both organizations to creatively collaborate to provide services to students. The ASI & SC Executive Director has both organizations’ priorities and interests in mind and continuously works to identify ways where they can work together to benefit students.
- We strive to instill a sense of Warrior pride.
- We inspire Warrior pride leading by example.
- We collaborate with students, student organizations, campus departments, alumni, and the community to provide student focused programs, events, and services.
- By encouraging collaboration among all members of our campus and the community, we utilize diverse talents, resources, and perspectives, internally and externally, to produce the best possible outcomes.
- We believe in personal responsibility, honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- We honor our commitments and act with fairness, honesty, and respect daily.
- We provide programs and services that encourage involvement in meaningful experiences and relationships outside of the academic environment.
- We develop relationships that make a positive impact in our students’ lives.
- We offer a wide variety of events and services to meet the needs of our diverse student population.
- We promote equity and strive to increase diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of our organization.
- We are purposeful in offering high quality programs and services to enhance student life and student success.
- We are thoughtful in providing excellent customer service that encompasses the following attributes: courtesy, empathy, professionalism, accountability, and efficiency.
- We strive to cultivate the healthy physical, social, and emotional well-being of all students.
- We provide a safe space where students from every background and situation can have the opportunity to succeed.
- We are committed to conscientiously managing our human, natural, and material resources wisely by reviewing our facilities, programs, and services to ensure we are following the appropriate sustainable practices.
- We aspire to increase awareness about sustainable practices that will reduce negative impacts on the environment.
We, as Associated Students, Incorporated and the University Student Center are committed to creating a sense of belonging for our diverse campus community. We prioritize establishing a welcoming environment by embracing and celebrating differences to create opportunities for students regardless of their personal identities. ASI and SC acknowledge that as organizations with a notable presence on campus, it is our responsibility to continue to advance social justice efforts and promote equitable practices.
We commit to evolve and grow with our ever-changing campus community. We strive to meet students’ unique needs by fostering relationships and collaborating with on-campus groups to provide exceptional and equitable services, programs, and resources. We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and inactions while maintaining intentional, measurable, and meaningful efforts to enhance diversity and ensure equity and inclusion. We will continue to educate ourselves and others to embrace our differences.
In celebration of our visible and invisible differences, we remain united. We are Warriors.
Each year, the ASI Board of Directors develops and approves the organization’s operating budget for the upcoming fiscal year. The board ensures the budget aligns with our Mission and Vision statements. An internal financial audit is conducted annually by an outside auditing firm. Once complete, the audit report is presented to the Board of Directors for their final review and approval. Additionally, the Chancellor’s Office conducts an extensive compliance audit every three years.
Requiring board approval prior to implementation, organizational policies provide direction and consistency to the ASI. As a result of our functional merge, most policies now apply to both the ASI & SC and therefore require approval by both the ASI & SC Boards of Directors. Those policies pertaining exclusively to ASI functions are approved by the ASI Board of Directors (only) prior to implementation.
- Absence of Signature for Financial Requests Policy
- ASI & SC Policy and Procedures Policy
- Bid Requirement Policy
- Board of Director Initiative Fund Policy
- Budget Formulation Policy
- Cash Handling
- Cell Phone Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Credit Card Policy
- Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
- Hospitality Policy
- Internet Reimbursement Policy
- Investment Policy
- Liquidity Management Policy
- Mobile Phone Policy
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Paper Conservation Policy
- Parking Permit Policy
- Petty Cash Policy
- Pick Up and Security of Check Policy
- Points Policy
- Printing Policy
- Public Relations Policy
- Purchasing Policy
- Reserve Policy
- Sale, Disposal, and Donation of Equipment Policy
- Securing Gift Card Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Shared Governance
- Social Media Policy
- Student Emergency Grant Policy
- Student Life Funding Policy
- Student Org Accounts Admin Agreements Policy
- Study Abroad Scholarship Policy
- Telecommute Policy
- Travel Policy
- Use of Equipment and Supplies Policy
- Use of Funds
- Use of Indirect Costs
- Use of Office Spaces Policy
- Warriors Giving Back Scholarship Policy
ASI & SC Front Desk: (209) 667-3833
Room number: SC 101
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 7:30am - 7pm
Sunday: 2pm - 9pm
Associated Students, Inc.
One University Circle
Turlock, California 95382
See: Maps & Directions
Location: University Student Center
Updated: August 16, 2023