Here are some typical questions you might have. If you don't find the answer here, contact us and we would be happy to help!

WOW 2 STEM is part of the STEM SUCCESS program which helps in facilitating a smooth transfer for incoming STEM students at Stanislaus State.  

Transferring students who are currently STEM majors and planning to attend Stanislaus State. 

Students must be currently enrolled in one of our 10 target community colleges and planning on transferring to Stanislaus State which include:

  • Chabot College
  • Columbia College
  • College of the Sequoias
  • Diablo Valley College
  • Fresno City College
  • Gavilan College 
  • Las Positas
  • Merced College
  • Modesto Junior College
  • San Joaquin Delta College

Students must meet STEM discipline requirements. (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science,Geology, Mathematics, Physics, and Physical Science). 

Students who participate in the program can receive one-on-one transfer advising with STEM Transfer Success Specialist.. Students can also make networking connections with students and faculty of their targeted major at Stanislaus State. 

Consult with your campus’ transfer center or advising office or contact us at

Students can send in their current transcript when applying to Stanislaus State. Before transferring, students must send in their final transcripts to Enrollment Services

The Health Center is located behind the east side of the Student Union Center. The Health Center offers Primary Care, Men’s Health Care. Women’s Health Care, Physicals and Walk-in Services such as first aid treatments, immunizations, and flu shots. Most services provided by the Health Center are free or are covered by fees and tuition. The Health Center also provides over the counter medicine at a lower cost  through an independent pharmacist. 

You can find Student Assistant positions, Work-Study, and off campus jobs under the student section page from the Stanislaus State website. You can also check student employment opportunities under the Human Resources page.

Psychological Counseling Services have several options for students. They offer one-on-one counseling, group therapy, workshops, outreach, and consultation services. These services support a multicultural, collaborative and diverse campus community and are confidential. You can visit their website here or call (209) 667-3381 for more information. 

Stanislaus State now uses Warrior Hub to connect you with clubs and organizations on campus.

There are an array of dining options on campus. At the center of campus, Main Dining offers a great diversity of options from different cultures. The Village cafe, located next to on campus housing, provides meals and has options for vegetarian and vegan students as well. There are also Starbucks cafes located in MSR and Naraghi. For a complete list of what these places have to offer as well as their hours of operation, visit Dine on Campus

Stanislaus State offers a multitude of events such as workshops, cultural events, student engagement activities and more. Stanislaus State uses Warrior Hub to show upcoming events on campus.  You can also see additional events by visiting the Events Calendar.

Tutoring is free to all enrolled Stanislaus State students. The Tutoring Center offers walk-in tutoring as well as tutoring by appointment. To schedule an appointment call (209) 667-3642 or email their office at

The Student Recreation Center offers various intramural sports for all Stanislaus State students. All sports have a $10 fee and have deadlines for registration. Visit the intramural sports page for more details. 

The Student Recreation Center provides a space for students to get fit and healthy. They have a weight room and a cardio room. They also offer classes such as dance, yoga, muscle toning and strengthening classes, and powerlifting to teach new skills or hone old ones. You can also check out and rent a variety of equipment including outdoor equipment for your next wilderness adventure. Visit their webpage for hours of operation and a full list of what they have to offer. 

Dine on Campus offers a simple way to purchase a meal plan or to upgrade a pre-existing one. Simply go to their website and select purchase meal plan from the meal plan drop down menu. 

Visit and register your card to view your balance, add money, or report it as lost or stolen. 

Throughout campus there are a variety of locations to sit and study. A popular place on campus to study is the library annex where you can sit and work with others in reservable study rooms, or enjoying your own privacy in a cubicle desk. A good place to hang out is the dinning hall and the new student center which provide seating, study rooms and meeting rooms.

Supplemental instruction is offered by the Academic Success Center for courses that are known to be historically challenging. The new SI schedule will be posted in february 2020.

You can purchase a parking permit by visiting the Stanislaus State University Police Department website and selecting a parking gateway. Click here to get the permit link and follow the prompt. A temporary permit will be emailed to your corresponding email and is valid for the first ten days after your permit is purchased or until your permit arrives.

Blackboard is the main online course resource system for students and professors to connect. To access blackboard, select the student tab from the Stanislaus State website and select blackboard from the screen. Click the Stan State Portal link and use your Stan State credentials to log in. 

Log into your Stanislaus State Portal and click MyStanState Student Portal. 

Log into your Stan State Portal and click the MyStanState Student Center. Once in the portal, select the enroll link. To enroll in a class, use the search drop down as needed for information about the course. Once you find the course you want to enroll, add it to your shopping cart and click finish enrolling. 

To drop a class, select the enroll section Click drop and select the course you want to drop, once selected, click confirm.

Turlock is a small, college based city with agriculture surroundings and is a midway point from the Sierra Nevada and the Bay Area. In town there are lots of attractions and entertainment such as the 10 Pin Family Fun Center, which is a combination of a bowling alley, an arcade, and lazer tag course.

In the mood to see the newest blockbuster or watching a play? Turlock has a variety of theaters and cinemas such as Regal Cinemas and the Light Box Theater.

Feeling a need for an adventure? Lucky for you, the Sierra Nevada is a little more than an hour drive away. Some popular destinations are Yosemite, Pinecrest, Dodge Ridge, and Lake Tahoe. Taking a hiking trip or going camping has never been easier. 

Updated: August 08, 2023