Welcome to Blackboard 9.1
Change your Warrior Password every 6 months.
Passwords are case sensitive.
Warrior Username - your StanState e-mail address before the @ symbol
i.e., SBond@csustan.edu - Warrior Username is sbond, not case sensitive
- Bb does not use your numerical ID.
What's my Warrior Username?
Manage My Courses Module
- We recommend Firefox for Blackboard.
- Issues? Try Google Chrome.
- Mac users — try Safari.
- We do not recommend MS Internet Explorer or Edge for Bb.
- Keep your browser, computer OS, and virus apps up to date
- use automatic updates or check regularly and run updates.
- Bb, Inc., browser support
- some browsers work better than others for different Bb activities
- your experience often depends on your personal settings
- if you encounter issues, switch browsers.
- Use Firefox for most Bb work.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Keep browser, plugins, and related software up to date.
- Click Accept or Continue to update certificate information.
- Keep your operating system and virus protection up to date.
- Avoid using custom browsers from Internet Service Providers
(e.g., AOL, Charter, Comcast).
- For best results, use a wired, High-Speed Internet connection
(e.g., Cable, DSL).
- Avoid wireless connections for tests and uploads .
Tools, features, and functions
If your Navigation Menu Hides
Bb Best Practices
- Test Taking
- Use Firefox.
- Internet Explorer/Edge may display ONLY the first and last test questions, hiding all others.
- Use a computer with a wired connection
- High-Speed recommended
- Avoid mobile devices and WiFi.
- Use only Bb navigation buttons and links.
- Click links or buttons once and wait.
- Follow the Test Taking Tips.
- Problem? Take Screen Shots.
- Contact your instructor immediately. Instructor may contact OIT.
- Submitting, Attaching, Uploading
- File Name - use only letters, numerals, hyphens, and underscores.
- Other characters or spaces may corrupt the file and make it unusable.
- File Name Limit - max. 64 characters.
- Close the file and quit the file's application before uploading.
- Media Files
- Use a Stan State Communication and Collaboration Tool.
- Link to a YouTube or other streaming media.
- Upload a small (< 50 MB) MP4 (H.264 codec) for video.
- Upload a small (< 50 MB) MP3 or M4A for audio.
- Students: Save your work in a Bb Portfolio
Create, Share and Manage Comments on your portfolio
- Instructors: Assign Bb Portfolios
- See also - Portfolium
Bb Spell Check - Firefox - macOS/OS X
To select the correctly spelled word in the Spell Check list on macOS in FireFox
1. Place the cursor in the word with the red underline,
2. Press and hold the Control key,
While holding, press and hold the left mouse button/Track Pad,
3. Release the Control key first, then release the mouse button/Track Pad.
The Suggestion menu remains for you to select the correct spelling.
Repeat as necessary.
(Spell Check responds normally in Safari and Chrome on macOS.)
If the issue is not resolved by this method, use a different browser.
Stan State Communication and Collaboration Tools
- Camtasia - screen recording with editing
- Collaborate - Bb web conferencing
- Mediasite - lecture capture and content streaming
- VoiceThread - voice and video collaboration, lecture recording
- YouTube - add your own video to a Bb page
- Zoom - online meetings and presentations, virtual office hours