Welcome to Blackboard 9.1
(i.e., SBond@csustan.edu - Warrior Username is sbond).
Warrior Password is case sensitive.
Students: Forgot your Warrior Password?
Faculty/Staff: Visit the OIT Help Desk, L-150, for password issues.
- Use a computer with a wired connection.
- Read the Test Taking Tips.
- Avoid mobile devices and wireless connections.
Blackboard File Naming Protocol
When uploading files to Blackboard (such as submitting assignments)
- Use only letters, numerals, hyphens, and underscores in the file name.
Other characters or spaces may corrupt the file and make it unusable.
- Limit the complete file name to 64 characters.
We recommend Firefox for all Blackboard work.
- If you encounter browser issues, clear your browser's cache.
- Avoid using a custom browser provided by an Internet Service Provider (e.g., AOL, Charter, Comcast).
- Dial-up connections provide slower response than Hi-Speed connections.
- We no longer recommend Google Chrome since it blocks Java applets, resulting in Bb issues.
- Check, install, and update your operating system, browser plugins, and related software.
- Use Firefox.
Fall 2015 Bb Information
- We are moving to Blackboard's Managed Hosting service starting with the Fall 2015 term.
- New and migrated courses are scheduled to be available for faculty on Monday, August 10, 2015.
- Blackboard's Managed Hosting service goal is to provide 99+% uptime, with no daily scheduled downtime, as on our locally-hosted system.
- Your day-to-day use of Bb will be the same as it is now, plus some new tools and features.
- Bb courses prior to 2015 Summer are being migrated to the new system now.
- Faculty can copy content from migrated courses to 2015 Fall courses as previously done.
- Summer 2015 courses will remain available on our locally-hosted system.
Summer 2015 courses will be migrated to the new system after the session is complete and courses are turned off.
Important Update about YouTube Videos (June 2015)
Due to changes in YouTube policies and protocols, the YouTube Mashup and Record from Webcam tools are not available in our locally-hosted Bb system.
To use YouTube videos in our locally-hosted Bb system, follow these steps.
- Link to YouTube videos by copying the Embed Code and pasting it into the Content Editor HTML box.
- To embed previous Record from Webcam recordings in Bb, log in to your YouTube account and follow the same procedure.
YouTube Mashup and Record from Webcam will be restored when we move to Bb Managed Hosting.