Welcome to Blackboard 9.1
Warrior Username - your StanState e-mail address before the @ symbol
(i.e., SBond@csustan.edu - Warrior Username is sbond, not case sensitive).
Forgot your Warrior Username?
Warrior Password is case sensitive.
Students: Forgot your Warrior Password?
Faculty/Staff: Visit the OIT Help Desk, L-150, for password issues.
- We recommend Firefox for most Blackboard work.
- If you encounter issues, try Google Chrome.
- Mac users may try Safari.
- We do not recommend MS Internet Explorer or Edge.
Generally, some browsers work better than others for different Bb activities,
often depending on your personal computer settings.
- Bb, Inc., browser support.
- If you encounter issues, try clearing your browser's cache.
- Keep your browser, plugins, and related software up to date.
- If your browser displays warnings or exceptions, click the button labeled
Accept or Continue to update information.
- Use Firefox for most Bb work.
- Keep your operating system and virus protection up to date.
- Avoid using an Internet Service Provider custom browser (e.g., AOL, Charter, Comcast).
- For best results, use a wired, High-Speed Internet connection (e.g., Cable, DSL)
Bb Best Practices
- Media Files
- Use a Stan State Communication and Collaboration Tool
- Embed a YouTube link
- Upload a small MP4 using web standard H.264 codec for video playback
- Upload a small MP3 for audio playback
- Test Taking
- Use a computer with a wired connection,
i.e., Avoid mobile devices and wireless (WiFi) connections.
- Use only Bb navigation buttons and links.
- Follow the Test Taking Tips.
- Blackboard Files
When uploading files (e.g., submitting assignments, attaching documents)
- Use only letters, numerals, hyphens, and underscores in the file name.
- Other characters or spaces may corrupt the file and make it unusable.
- Limit the file name to 64 or fewer characters.
- Close the file and quit the file's application before uploading.
Mac Firefox Spell Check
To select the correctly spelled word in the spell check menu on Mac OS X in FireFox
1. Click in the word with the red underline,
2. Press and hold the Control key,
While holding, press and hold the left or right mouse button/Track Pad,
3. Release the Control key first, then release the left or right mouse button/Track Pad.
The Suggestion menu remains for you to select the correct spelling.
Repeat as necessary.
Stan State Communication and Collaboration Tools
- Camtasia for screen recording.
- Collaborate for web conferencing.
- Mediasite for lecture capture and content streaming.
- VoiceThread for voice and video collaboration.
- YouTube to add your own video to a Bb page.
- Zoom for online meetings and presentations.
Instructors: Assign Portfolios