Welcome to Blackboard 9.1
Warrior Username - your StanState e-mail address before the @ symbol
(i.e., SBond@csustan.edu - Warrior Username is sbond, not case sensitive).
Forgot your Warrior Username?
- We recommend Firefox for Blackboard.
- If you encounter issues, try Google Chrome.
- Mac users may try Safari.
- We do not recommend MS Internet Explorer or Edge.
Generally, some browsers work better than others for different Bb activities,
often depending on your personal computer settings.
- Bb, Inc., browser support.
- If you encounter issues, try clearing your browser's cache.
- Keep your browser, plugins, and related software up to date.
- If your browser displays warnings or exceptions, click the button labeled
Accept or Continue to update information.
- Use Firefox for most Bb work.
- Keep your operating system and virus protection up to date.
- Avoid using an Internet Service Provider custom browser (e.g., AOL, Charter, Comcast).
- For best results, use a wired, High-Speed Internet connection (e.g., Cable, DSL)
Instructors: Assign Portfolios
Students ask: Why don't I see my courses on Blackboard?
1. The instructor turned it off until ready for you to see it.
Contact your instructor
2. Your instructor is not using Blackboard.
Contact you instructor.
3. Your enrollment process need attention.
Contact Enrollment Services.
Bb Best Practices
- Blackboard Files
When uploading files (e.g., submitting assignments, attaching documents)
- Use only letters, numerals, hyphens, and underscores in the file name.
- Other characters or spaces may corrupt the file and make it unusable.
- Limit the file name to 64 or fewer characters.
- Close the file and quit the file's application before uploading.
- Test Taking
- Use a computer with a wired connection,
i.e., Avoid mobile devices and wireless (WiFi) connections.
- Use only Bb navigation buttons and links.
- Click links or buttons once and wait if necessary.
- Follow the Test Taking Tips.
- If you encounter an issue, contact your instructor.
- Media Files
- Use a Stan State Communication and Collaboration Tool
- Embed a YouTube link
- Upload a small MP4 using web standard H.264 codec for video playback
- Upload a small MP3 for audio playback
Mac Firefox Spell Check - Special Clicks
To select the correctly spelled word in the Spell Check menu on Mac OS in FireFox
1. Click to place the cursor in the word with the red underline,
2. Press and hold the Control key,
While holding, press and hold the left mouse button/Track Pad,
3. Release the Control key first, then release the mouse button/Track Pad.
The Suggestion menu remains for you to select the correct spelling.
Repeat as necessary.
(Spell Check responds normally in Safari and Chrome on Mac OS)
Stan State Communication and Collaboration Tools
- Camtasia for screen recording.
- Collaborate for web conferencing.
- Mediasite for lecture capture and content streaming.
- VoiceThread for voice and video collaboration.
- YouTube to add your own video to a Bb page.
- Zoom for online meetings and presentations.