Police Services FAQs


What can I do to obtain a report?

You can contact UPD dispatch at 667-3114 or by e-mail public_safety@csustan.edu to request a report.


How do I report a criminal activity?

In case of an emergency dial 9-1-1 or use the Emergency Blue Light Phones located around campus, for a non-emergency dial 667-3911 or stop by the University Police Department and speak to someone in person or fill out a on-line crime tip form. See the Emergency Blue Light Phones locations map.


What is the University's Policy on Alcohol?

Anyone over the age of 21 can possess and consume alcoholic beverages in his/her residence only, and cannot provide alcohol to anyone who is under 21 years of age. Open containers of alcohol are not allowed outside the Residential Life Village unless you are at an event that holds a valid alcohol use permit.


What should I do if I am involved in a traffic accident on campus?

If you are involved in an injury traffic accident, contact the University Police as soon as possible at 667-3911. Be prepared to tell the dispatcher where the accident occurred, whether or not there are any injuries, how many vehicles are involved, and the colors and types of the vehicles, and any other relevant information. A police officer will respond and investigate the accident. If it's a non-injury accident, please move your vehicle to a safe location. If you want a police report for insurance purposes you may call the University Police.


How do the University Police handle skateboarding?

Skateboards are an acceptable means of transportation on the campus and are to be used for that purpose. Skateboarding on steps, landscaping planters, picnic tables and other University property causes damage and therefore is prohibited.


What do I do if I am receiving harassing phone calls or emails?

If you live on campus you should contact the University Police Department at 667-3114, and provide us with complete details about the calls. Information such as how often, the duration of the calls, the times of the calls, what the caller is saying or not saying, and if they have threatened you in any way. If you wish, a Police Officer will respond to your location and take a complete report about the harassment you are receiving, and give you information and options about how to handle this problem. Some tips to help handle this situation are: don't talk to the caller, hang up the phone, unplug the phone, blow a loud whistle in the receiver of the phone, and request to change your telephone number. You can also notify your Resident Assistant about the situation.


When are officers on duty?

Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be reached by calling 667-3114 or by walking inside the University Police building. See how to get to our building map.


How and when can I contact a dispatcher on duty?

UPD Dispatch can be reached Monday-Friday during business hours at 667-3114, 8AM-5PM during fall and spring semesters and 7:30AM-4PM during campus summer hours.  When UPD Dispatch is not available, Turlock Police Dispatch provides these services for UPD officers.  If you have an emergency, dial 9-1-1.