You will qualify as an upper division transfer student if you:
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units
- Have at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Are in good standing at the last college or university attended
- Complete 30 units which meet CSU general education requirements with a grade of C- or better. These units must include the following four courses with a C- or better; a grade of CR is also acceptable:
- (A1) Oral Communication/Speech
(A2) Written English Composition
(A3) Critical Thinking/Logic
(B4) Math/Quantitative Reasoning (which is above the level of intermediate algebra)
- Complete the above requirements by the designated deadlines:
Fall admission- requirements must be completed by the Spring semester prior to enrollment. Summer work is not accepted.
Spring 2019 admission- requirements must be completed by the end of Summer. Fall 2018 coursework to meet admission requirements will not be accepted.
Biological Sciences & Kinesiology Major Requirements
In addition to the upper division transfer requirements, transfers wanting to declare the Biological Sciences or Kinesiology majors must complete the following prerequisites with a minimum grade of C- or better:
- General Biology I—BIOL 1050 or equivalent
- General Biology II—BIOL 1150 or equivalent
- General Chemistry I—CHEM 1100 or equivalent
- General Chemistry I Lab—CHEM 1102 or equivalent
- General Chemistry II—CHEM 1110 or equivalent
- General Chemistry II Lab—CHEM 1112 or equivalent
- Principles of Biology—BIOL 1010 or equivalent
- World of Biology—BIOL 1020 or equivalent
- Human Physiology—ZOOL 2235 or equivalent
- Human Anatomy—ZOOL 2250 or equivalent
Transfers who meet the upper division requirements, but not the prerequisite requirements will be admitted as Undeclared with an interest in their desired major.
Stanislaus State admits all CSU-eligible transfers, but the true goal is for you to be prepared to enter the major. Completing lower-division major requirements, in addition to meeting general education breadth, is key to your success and timely degree completion. Use the following resources to help you in your planning.
- California Community College Transfers:
- California Promise
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Program (expand for more information)If you:
- Have earned an AA-T or AS-T from a California Community College and
- Will be pursing a similar major at the CSU
You will receive the following benefits:
- Priority admission to the CSU into a similar baccalaureate (BA/BS) degree program with a guarantee of junior standing.
- Once admitted, you will only be required to complete 60 additional prescribed units
For more information, contact your Community College Transfer Center or visit the Associate Degree for Transfer website for a current list of AA-T/AS-T Approved Degrees offered by your Community College. To view comparable degrees we offer, select your community college and Stanislaus and click submit.
The California Community College must certify that the student has completed or is on track to complete the AA-T or AS-T by the below dates:
- Fall admission: AA-T or AS-T degree must be completed no later than the prior spring. Verification of the degree in progress must be received by March 15th.
- Spring admission: AA-T or AS-T degree must be completed no later than the prior fall. Verification of the degree in progress must be received by October 31st. Please note, admission requirements must be completed by the end of summer.
Verification can be sent to Stanislaus State through any of the options listed below.
- eVerify: Your community college can post your ADT information to the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) eVerify website. We will use this website to verify your ADT is in progress.
- Verification form for in-progress ADT
- Emailed to email@example.com (include warrior ID)
- Faxed to (209) 667-3788
- Mailed to Admissions
- Hand carried to MSR 120 to the attention of "Admissions"
- Official transcripts: Only official transcripts will be used to verify a completed ADT degree.
- Liberal Studies Grid for Columbia, Merced, Modesto Junior, and San Joaquin Delta
- Pre-Licensure Grid for Columbia, Merced, Modesto Junior, and San Joaquin Delta
- Articulation with Private Institutions: