All SSS sponsored workshops count toward SSS Scholarship eligibility.
*Workshops with ($) count as financial literacy workshops.
**PM = Peer Mentors, WS = Writing Specialist.
|9/6||2 pm - 3 pm||Managing Your Time||PM||Register|
|9/8||11 am - 12 pm||Academic Honesty||WS||Register|
|9/15||2:30 pm - 3:30 pm||Job Interview Practices [$]||PM||Register|
|9/18||11 am - 12 pm||Stan Resources||PM||Register|
|9/20||1 pm - 2 pm||Pre-writing Strategies||WS||Register|
|9/27||2 pm - 3 pm||Coping with Stress||PM||Register|
|9/29||10 am - 11 am||The Paper Edit||WS||Register|
|10/3||10 am - 11 am||Public Speaking||PM||Register|
|10/4||11 am - 12 pm||Finding & Evaluating Research||WS||Register|
|10/12||2 pm - 3pm||Studying for Midterms||PM||Register|
|10/13||2 pm - 3 pm||Crafting your Essay||WS||Register|
|10/14||6:30 am - 6:30 pm||Grad Forum / University of San Francisco||USF||Register|
|10/18||2 pm - 3 pm||Budgeting [$]||PM||Register|
|10/23||1 pm - 2 pm||Writing for Group Projects||WS||Register|
|10/25||2 pm - 3 pm||Happy and Healthy||PM||Register|
|11/1||2 pm - 3 pm||Registration||PM||Register|
|11/3||10 am - 11am||Application Writing||WS||Register|
|11/7||11am - 12 pm||Risk and Benefits of Credit Cards [$]||PM||Register|
|11/15||1:30 pm - 2:30 pm||Writing for Social Justice||WS||Register|
|11/16||1:30 pm - 2:30 pm||Learning Styles||PM||Register|
|11/29||2:30 pm - 3:30 pm||Self Care||PM||Register|
|11/29||11 am - 12 pm||Overcoming Tricky Mistakes in Writing||WS||Register|
|12/4||1 pm - 2 pm||Writing for Personal Growth||WS||Register|
|12/6||3 pm - 4 pm||De-Stressing||PM||Register|
* Verification Form Required *
Complete a Workshop Verification Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for each workshop you attend. Workshops will need to be 45 - 60 minutes and have content related to academic success, grad school, health and wellness, or financial literacy to count toward SSS scholarship criteria. Students should contact their SSS advisor to check if workshops will count prior to attending.
- Career & Professional Development Center (CPDC)
- Financial Wellness Program ($)
- TRIO McNair
- Center for Excellence in Graduate Education
- College of Business Administration
- Health Education & Promotion
- Psychological Counseling
- Study Abroad Information Session
- Warrior Life (access with your Stan State login).
LinkedIn Learning Courses
Stan State students have free access to LinkedIn Learning. SSS has identified several courses to count toward scholarship eligibility requirements. Use your myStanState portal to access LinkedIn Learning, then start the course by searching the title or using the provided link. SSS students must submit a copy of the Certificate of Completion to email@example.com to receive workshop credit.
- Building a Better To-Do List
- Build Your Financial Literacy ($)
- Developing Your Professional Image
- Essentials of Mindfulness and Compassion
- Financial Adulting ($)
- Financial Wellness: Managing Your Personal Cash Flow ($)
- Informational Interviewing
- Interview Fundamentals
- Managing Your Career: Early Career
- Managing Stress for Positive Change
- Mastering Common Interview Questions
- Public Speaking Foundations
- Setting Your Financial Goals ($)
- Time Management: Working from Home
Other workshops (45-60+ minutes in length) related to academic success, career, grad school, health and wellness, or financial literacy may count with TRIO advisor or director approval.
Updated: September 25, 2023