The Fall 2020 Grad Forum is Virtual!
California Forum for Diversity in Graduate Education
October 12-16, 2020
Go to: www.caldiversityforum.org/register
Registration Code: hornets2020
Priority Deadline: October 7 (or sooner if we reach max capacity)
The Virtual Grad Forum will take place over the full week, with all-day programs designed to acquaint students from underrepresented groups with the academic and career opportunities associated with advanced study in a wide range of disciplines. Students will have the opportunity to meet representatives of the nation’s leading graduate schools offering Master’s and Ph.D. degrees and to attend workshops and panel sessions.
The first three days will be workshops, while Thursday and Friday will be time for students to meet with recruiters from over 200 institutions. Forum workshops will provide information about selecting the right graduate program, the graduate application process, financial aid opportunities, preparing for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), and employment prospects.
Who should attend:
- Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and Master’s Candidates
Events is intended for all disciplines EXCEPT:
- MBA programs
- Veterinary Science
Workshops topics include:
- Demystifying the GRE
- Discipline-based Panels
- How to Finance Your Graduate Education
- How to Prepare for the GRE
- How to Select, Apply to, and Prepare for Graduate School
- How to Write a Winning Statement of Purpose
- Keys to Success and Survival in Grad School
- Managing Health, Wellness and Disability in Graduate School
- The Relation of the Master’s Degree to the Ph.D.
- Undergraduate Research in Graduate Admissions
Please email Jesus Verdugo at firstname.lastname@example.org