The Fall 2018 Stipend Application for the MSW Title IV-E program will become available end of March of 2018. The APPLICATION DEADLINE for Fall of 2018 is May 30, 2018.
NOTE: Students must be accepted to the MSW program prior to submitting an application to the Child Welfare Training Program.
*Students admitted to the MSW Hybrid Program are not eligible for the Title IV-E Stipend*
The Title IV-E Child Welfare Training Program, as part of the Department of Social Work (MSW) program, provides a graduate education, a competency based curriculum, and financial aid. The Child Welfare Training program was created to increase the number of practitioners in public child welfare who hold a master’s degree in Social Work. Upon graduation, students must work in a county child welfare services agency or California Department of Social Services (CDSS) child welfare division for a period of two (2) years.
Eligibility for 2 Year Title IV-E Stipend Program
Students admitted to the two year MSW program, who qualify will receive an award of $37,000 spread over two years. In addition, students must demonstrate a commitment to a career in public child welfare through a separate application process.
Eligibility for 3 Year Title IV-E Stipend Program
Students admitted to the three year MSW program who qualify are current employees of a county, social services or state human services agency, will receive support in the form of reimbursement for all required educational program costs and qualifying transportation expenses.
- For more information on the 2 year program and 3 year program: Title IV-E Stipend Information brochure.pdf
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Stipend: FAQs Title IV-E MSW Program
First Year Students
- CalSWEC Welcome Letter.pdf
- CalSWEC Frequently Asked Questions.pdf
- Competencies Cover Letter 2014.pdf
- 2017-18 Public Child Welfare Comperencies.doc
Child Welfare Competencies & Process Logs
- Foundation Competencies Child Welfare.pdf - for students admitted Fall 2015 & Fall 2016
- Advanced Competencies Child Welfare.pdf - for students admitted Fall 2015 & Fall 2016
- 1st Year Praxis Process Log.pdf
- 2nd Year Praxis Process Log.pdf
3-Yr PT Students
- California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC)
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Child Welfare Resource Library
Employment Verification & Search Documents
- Job Search Documentation/Tracking Spreadsheet.xls
- Employment Verification Form (Consent for Release of Employment).pdf
Title IV-E Alumni
Contact the Title IV-E Office:
Elizabeth Magaña, Title IV-E Admin Coordinator
Phone: (209) 667-3859
Paul Sivak, Title IV-E Project Coordinator