*Students admitted to the MSW Hybrid Program are not eligible for the Title IV-E Child Welfare Stipend. The Title IV-E application is a seperate application process and will be available to applicants after admission to the MSW stateside program.
Fall 2019 Application Deadline - May 20, 2019. Application will become available in March.
Stipend Applicant Interviews is scheduled Friday, June 7, 2019.
The Title IV-E Child Welfare Training Program, as part of the Department of Social Work (MSW) program, provides a graduate education, a competency based curriculum, and financial aid. The Child Welfare Training program was created to increase the number of practitioners in public child welfare who hold a master’s degree in Social Work. Upon graduation, students must work in a county child welfare services agency or California Department of Social Services (CDSS) child welfare division for a period of two (2) years.
Eligibility for 2 Year Title IV-E Stipend Program
Students admitted to the two year MSW program, who qualify will receive an award of $37,000 spread over two years. In addition, students must demonstrate a commitment to a career in public child welfare through a separate application process.
Eligibility for 3 Year Title IV-E Stipend Program
Students admitted to the three year MSW program who qualify are current employees of a county, social services or state human services agency, will receive support in the form of reimbursement for all required educational program costs and qualifying transportation expenses.
- For more information on the 2 year program and 3 year program: Title IV-E Stipend Information brochure.pdf
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Stipend: FAQs Title IV-E MSW Program
First Year Students - Fall 2018
- CalSWEC Welcome Letter.pdf
- CalSWEC Frequently Asked Questions.pdf
- Competencies Cover Letter Fall 2018.pdf
Child Welfare Competencies & Process Logs
- 1st Yr and 2nd Yr CalSWEC Curriculum Competencies.doc
- 1st Year Praxis Process Log.pdf
- 2nd Year Praxis Process Log.pdf
3-Year Program - PT Students
- California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC)
Contact the Title IV-E Office:
Elizabeth Magaña, Title IV-E Admin Coordinator
Phone: (209) 667-3859
Paul Sivak, Title IV-E Project Coordinator