CSU's Essential Community Engagement Fall 2020 Webinar: Critical Reflection (Oct 30, 2020)
- Watch the recording of the Zoom session - Access Passcode: &%La4GZu
- View the PowerPoint PDF from the Critical Reflection Webinar
Chancellor's Office Common Attributes Initiative for Service Learning Courses (June 23, 2020)
Recently, the Chancellor's Office implemented a system-wide common set of attributes used in CMS to tag courses that offer either "Service Learning (SL)" or "Curricular Community Engaged Learning (CCEL)". These tags are used to load courses into the StanServes S4 site with the intention to effectively identify and track SL or CCEL courses uniformly across the CSU. The following links below provide detailed information about the new attributes, as well as the form that faculty complete to assign the appropriate attribute to their course.
- Watch the recording of the Zoom session - Access Passcode: 8J&31&92
- View the PowerPoint PDF from the Zoom Meeting
- Complete or view the Attribute form for your courses.
Creating Virtual and Remote Service-Learning Experiences: A 3-Part Series
- Developing a Remote Service Learning Course (With Experiential and/or Service Learning in Mind) – April 30, 2020
- Enhancing Remote Learning Through Virtual or Place- or Project-Based Service Learning Experiences – May 4, 2020
- Incorporating Critical Reflection into Online Service Learning Courses – May 7, 2020
- Best Practices for Managing Risk in Service Learning
- Reimagining Service Learning in the Digital Age by Laken Brooks – September 23, 2020 – Insider Higher Ed.
- High-Impact Practices and Gains in Student Learning: Evidence from Georgia, Montana, and Wisconsin by Jessa Valentine, Ph.D., Derek Price, Ph.D., and Haisheng Yang, M.A., DVP-PRAXIS LTD – February 2021 – Lumina Foundation Article
Academic research and practice relating to Community-based Education provide many opportunities to publish academic articles or books.
Click on the following links to connect with colleagues engaged in service learning practice and research and to learn what other service learning organizations are doing on the state, regional, and national levels:
- Active Learning in Higher Education
- The American Behavioral Scientists
- Association of American State Colleges and Universities
- Business Communication Quarterly
- California Campus Compact
- Campus Compact
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement
- Center for Liberal Education and Civic Engagement Association of American Colleges and Universities and Campus Compact
- Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning
- The Chemical Educator
- Community Campus Partnership for Health
- Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning
- New England Center for Higher Education
- Public Policy Institute of California
- UCLA Higher Education Research Institute
Some links may require membership subscriptions for accessibility. These links may be accessible if connected to the university server.
California Campus Compact Listserv
To subscribe to listserv, contact: email@example.com
Community Connections Listserv
To subscribe to listserv, send message to: firstname.lastname@example.org containing in the body of message: Subscribe Community Connections and Your Email Address (remove any appended signatures and leave subject line blank)
Points of Light Foundation Community-Based Organization Service-Learning Listserv
To subscribe to listserv, send message to: email@example.com containing in the body of message: Subscribe CBOSL, City, State, and First Name Last Name
U.S. Department of Education's EDInfo Listserv
To subscribe to listserv, send message to: firstname.lastname@example.org containing in the body of message: Subscribe EDInfo and First Name Last Name (remove any appended signatures and leave subject line blank)
Facebook Group for Community Service & Service Learning Professionals in Higher Education
Great for Networking with Service Learning faculty, staff, and others across the USA. View The Facebook Group
California Campus Compact
Stanislaus State is a member of this network of diverse colleges and universities who share a common commitment to advance civic and community engagement and learning for a healthy, just, and democratic society. As a member, faculty, and students have access to valuable resources to develop and implement community-based learning and research programs that bridge the classroom with our communities. Campus Compact also hosts conferences to showcase your community-based work, learn what other innovative work is being done by peers, and network with like-minded civic-engaged colleagues.
Please visit the California Campus Compact website to explore the resources available to you.
Turlock Community Collaborative Directory - A Non-Profit Service Agency Resource Guide
While we may be teaching and studying from home, many of our local community service non-profits, public service agencies, and businesses continue to provide needed services in our communities. There are opportunities for you to help members of the Collaborative virtually/remotely! We are making available this valuable local resource guide so that you can still make a difference throughout Stanislaus County.
Please visit the Turlock Community Collaborative Directory to open a pdf copy of the directory. Also, note that agency personnel may change at any time; however, you can always utilize the general contact information.
Updated: April 06, 2023