CSU Math and Science Teacher Initiative
The goal of the CSU Math and Science Teacher Initiative(MSTI) is to increase the number and quality of Math and Science teachers across the state.
We encourage and support students from underrepresented categories to apply to our program.
Stanislaus State Math and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI)
The objective of the Stan State Math and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI) is to increase the total number of Mathematics and Science students enrolling in undergraduate or post-baccalaureate teacher preparation programs. MSTI advisors help guide future teachers through the credential program application process, provide financial aid information and credential examination preparation resources. Additionally, MSTI supports students in developing the skills necessary to succeed educationally and professionally.
Services offered through the Stan State Math and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI):
- Information sessions on teaching Mathematics and Science
- One-on-one advising and support
- Opportunities for paid early field experiences in teaching (i.e.; tutoring positions in area schools)
- Professional development opportunities
- Financial Aid information for teacher candidates (Finacial Aid Office)
- TEACH Grant information
- Financial support for CSET exams**
- Preparation resources for Math and Science CSETs
California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) and California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Advising and Support
- CBEST & CSET prepartion resources/materials
- **Stipends Foundational Level Mathematics and Foundational Level General Science CSET
- **Stipends to attend foundational level Mathematics and foundational level general Science online workshops
- Scheduled Stan State CBEST workshops
- For CBEST and CSET information, registration and practice exams visit the California Educator Credentialing Examinations website
Credential Program Prerequisite Advising
Credential Services Information
For credential program prerequisite and application information sessions
Single subject credential program prerequisites
Undergraduate Advising for Math and Science Teacher Preparation
|Department/ Major||Advisor||Office Location||Phone|
|Biological Science||Dr. Fleming||N-261||
|Chemistry||Dr. Nhu-Y- Stessman||N-363||
|Physics & Physical Sciences||Department||N-164||
Subject Matter Preparation Program:
Adding a Teaching or Content Area to a Multiple Subject OR Single Subject Credential
Multiple or Single Subject Credential
A limited number of stipends for Foundational Level Math and Foundational Level General Science CSET/exam fees are available each academic year. They are allocated on a first come, first serve basis to teacher candidates pursuing a Single Subject Credential in Math or Science. Requests for stipends are subject to review and approval by the Director of the Math and Science Teacher Initiative. For more information or to schedule an appointment contact Tara Ribeiro at email@example.com or (209) 667-3589.