You qualify for regular admission as a first-time freshman if you'll:
Be a high school graduate
Please note: college credit is not allowed beyond the summer immediately following high school graduation.
Have completed your A-G Requirements
You must earn grades of C or better for each of the courses in the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory subject requirements (known as the A-G Requirements). The CSU will accept grades of "Credit" or "Pass" to satisfy "a-g" requirements completed during winter, spring or summer 2020 terms.
|Requirements (A-G Courses)||Years required|
|A. History/Social Science:
1 year of U.S. history or 1 semester U.S. history and 1 semester civics or American government
1 year social science or history
College preparatory English composition and literature
College preparatory — three 1-year courses in algebra, geometry, and intermediate algebra or algebra II
or a 3-year-long sequence such as Math 1, 2, 3 or integrated math 1, 2, 3
|3 years (4 recommended)|
|D. Laboratory Science
1 year biological science w/lab (i.e., biology, anatomy, physiology)
1 year physical science w/lab (i.e., chemistry, physics)
|E. Language Other Than English
2 years in the same language (may be satisfied by demonstrating equivalent competence in another language)
|F. Visual & Performing Arts
1 year in the same discipline: Art, dance, theater/drama, music
|G. College Prep Electives
To be selected from the above A-F areas and other approved electives
|View a full list of a-g courses for your High School|
Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- California residents and graduates of California high schools must meet a minimum GPA of 2.5 in A-G coursework taken in grades 10, 11, and 12.
- Non-California residents and graduates of non-California high schools must meet a minimum GPA of 3.0 or greater in college preparatory coursework taken in grades 10, 11, and 12.
If we determine that there is space available after Stan State admits all eligible applicants, we will review students in the following categories:
- 2.0 – 2.49 GPA in-state applicants (completed all A – G)
- 2.47 and 2.99 GPA out-of-state applicants (completed all A – G)
We will consider the following factors:
- "A-G" GPA
- "A-G" courses above 15-unit
- Low Income
- School Free & Reduced Lunch
- First Generation
- Educational Programs
- Work Experience
- Extracurricular Activities
- Foster Youth Services
Additional students may be admitted based on their Multi-Factor Admission Score based on enrollment capacity.
Pre-Nursing Impaction for Fall 2021
The pre-nursing major is designed to prepare students for the nursing program at Stanislaus State. Pre-nursing students complete the pre-requisite courses for the major. Successful students must submit a supplemental application to the nursing program upon completion of pre-nursing prerequisites.
Applications for the pre-nursing major will be evaluated based on the following factors:
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher in grades 10, 11, and 12.
- High school English GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Weighted math GPA 3.5 or higher and completed an approved year-long math course beyond Algebra 2 (C- or better)
- High school Biology and Chemistry with grade of B (3.0 GPA) or better